Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is Graffiti Art Or Vandalism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CAMPER DOM, May 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. innerbleeding

innerbleeding Senior Member

adults ask me "so would you call urself an artist?" and im like "haha fuk no i'm a vandal. i damage shit. i don't paint fancy colourful murals i damage windows and bomb property".

2. MuramZA

MuramZA Senior Member

Even good looking shit is vandalism. A nice, colorful, sometimes well thought out arrangement of semi-haphazard vandalism.

3. innerbleeding

any destruction is art to me. i almost get a hardon from car accidents.

4. dred

dred Senior Member

its vandalism. i wreak havoc and create chaos, i dont want some faggot calling me an artist

5. innerbleeding

exactly. i feel offended when someone asks if i'm an artist or calls me an artist.
    it's like "damn, does it look like i wear fancy glasses and a scarf?"

6. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

you guys are fucked.....

graffiti is both, your fucking up peoples stuff, but making it look good as well. its clearly an art form, and stop stereotyping artists like that.

7. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

i like fuckin up shit. people's and the city's. but i dont fuckup peoples stuff unless they didnt have it commin to them u kno? like snitches shit. so im proud to call it vandalism. fuck you scene art fags

8. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Innerbleeding and dred just wanna look cool on the internet. I call it pretty vandalism. Well, sometimes it's pretty, other times it's just ugly vandalism, but vandalism none-the-less.

9. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

yeah, if you people just want to fuck other peoples stuff up, why would you be on a graffiti website?

i mean.. you guys could be out doing stuff like this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_eVJJQ5pR40

10. GraffitiEast2008

GraffitiEast2008 Senior Member

its illegal art .. we risk getting cought to express our selves .. it is what it is man

11. Meko  ya heard?

Meko ya heard? Senior Member

it's whatever you want it to be at the time, or a little of both. depends on if you feel destructive or creative

12. Allthegoodnamesaretaken

Allthegoodnamesaretaken Senior Member

Legally speaking, its vandalism
    Artistically speaking, its beautiful art and an expression
    Culturally speaking, its a phenomenon... a pretty recent one too.
    it all depends on what you're interested in... If you like fucking shit up, you would think in your head 'I'm a fucking bad ass vandal fuck art'... if you're an artist.. well you'd look at it as a form of expressing yourself...
    If you're interested in recording it because it is a phenomenon, I mean, how many other cultures decided to write the same word 1000+ plus... and hundreds of people doing it concentrated all in one city... its phenomenal

13. shine123

shine123 Member

dude its vandalism but i dont do it for its artistic values i do it to get back at the fucking government and the city and the fucking cops and to show how i fucking feel but no one listens to a fucking 16 year old kid so i do it my own way.

14. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

^^^^^^^
    you do it to express your anger right? Guess what art is, that's right! A form of expression! You're a regular little monet aren't you.

15. FeTuS

FeTuS Member

We are all vandals you pig fuckers, some are just better vandals than others.

16. SNIK//:NEWK

SNIK//:NEWK Member

its art all tha way!!!! and vandalism is wat taggers do.......taggers scribble, writers make art................

17. TECKN

TECKN Senior Member

ART is anything created with imagination and/or skill, graffiti is art, it may be vandalism, but its good vandalism

18. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

a writer cant be a writer with out tagging first

19. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

true that

its kinda sad when people can do peices, but cant lay down a tag

/quote

20. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

^^yup i think its both but i dont consider my self an artist cuz i cant do like complex pieces yet