Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is Graffiti Art?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeSuS_KRiST, Jan 25, 2005.

Share This Page

?

Is Graffiti Art?

1. Yes

82.3%
  2. No

17.7%
  1. cord

cord Elite Member

this thread is mad frustrating.

graffiti is art. But at the same time its vandalism.

on a legal wall, its allowed so its not vandalism of someone's property.

then it can only be art, and not vandalism.

on any other surface its classed as destruction, but in my opinion its still art.

arrgh what the fuck i cant even type what im thinking my head is fucked, the only word i can think of is CLOSE

2. EGAD

EGAD Banned

why does the punk have to be white you fucking retard? a white punk destroying property? if you're talking about punk being thugs, ever heard of the L.A. riots? lots of mindless destruction there, guess whos hands caused it?

and if you're talking about punk music, not all punks are white you stereotypical retard, ever heard of bad brains?

white punk, holy shit, why didn't you just say "stupid fuck"

i just read the rest of your post you racist stereotypical fucker, i wish i knew you in real life so i could belt your fucking skull in, the only thing i want total annihilation of is you and your stupid, narrowminded views

you obviously dont know shit, graffiti doesnt tolerate stupid fuckers like you, this shit is two tone you fucking prick

3. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i havn't read anything yet so i say graffiti is

pee pee five one doo doo

wowo

cheers to egad and his dong.

4. prank

prank Senior Member

i think of it this way

its art cuz any kind of graffiti is a form of expression

its vandalisim because ur destroying somebody'S property

in other words its : vandals art

5. war terror

war terror Senior Member

my philosophy is that graff is a form... its vandalism... its a part of urban life and art has form... so.... if your letters flow then its art...

6. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

wow
    those last two posts touched all the homos in the world.

7. **MATEO**

**MATEO** Elite Member

Fuck Graffiti... It's defacing property, how would you like it if someone smeared feces on your wall!?!?!

Ehh???

Thought so.

8. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

you should watch that movie "haggard" by bam margera and brandon dicamillo...

they try to duct tape poo poo to a dudes garage door.

9. wrek10

wrek10 Senior Member

of course it's art. bcuz not just any one can fuckin do a good lookin tag or a throw up... but most of tags is not art and thats what ever one does there 4 maken ppl say its not. its just fuckin ppls shit up. and of course pce's r art bcuz just look at the shit mother fuckers.....i have to say my slef that im more of a tagger/bomber then a piecer........
    well any ways that what i think. and i dont give a fuck if any one has something against what i think bcuz WHO THE FUCK R U TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN THINK???

NO ONE! thats who.
    word up

10. dark2

dark2 Senior Member

word tags rnt usually but pieces and bombs r fucking art

11. civicman

civicman Senior Member

i feel that graffiti is art 'caus vandalisim is just destroying something while graffiti is self expression and makes every thing more colourful than plain concrete exept 4 toy shit (like mine) that gets buffed really quickly <_< :blink:

12. REMEK

REMEK Senior Member

lots of people including me think graffiti is art. it is self expresion, people like to look at it, even the tags if they are nice not scribelings with a crappy marker, but if they are done with a flow pen or paint marker on nice thick ink marker then it is art. AND IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!

13. swich

swich Elite Member

yeah its art in my eyes.....its crazy though cuz i remember lookin at tags and writes and just wondering how the hell they did it...
    it was like some krazy ass shit i never thought id be able to do....
    nuttin but love to those writers who inspired me....

14. swich

swich Elite Member

tags are art as well because its a form of calligraphy....it doesnt have to be complicated or thought out to be art...

15. Monster Island

Monster Island Senior Member

i think that taking uniform, typical letters that have been around for centuries and stretching, warping, and giving depth and volume to them so that they become another object in itself is most definantly an art form. whether your writing it on a wall or in your blackbook, its graffiti, its a style of art just as is baroque or renaissance art. just look at the crazy colors people put in their pieces that make them pop out and grab your attention. i bet alot of writers know way more about standard art theory then they realize, because you learn so much from graffiti alone. its takes an incredible amount of skill and persistance to create a burner, and graffiti has been recognized worldwide, whether people consider it a plague or a beautiful artform. its been around for over 30 years and its for sure left its permament mark on the art world, and its become almost a landmark for cities like ny and la

i hope i didnt sound like too much of an art student :blink:

16. Dust1610

Dust1610 Senior Member

I don't think you sounded like an art student, that was actually a very well constructed post!

17. ChRoMa 11820

ChRoMa 11820 Senior Member

i am an art student and that made a lot of sense
    some of you do know more about art then u think
    especially color theory

18. JONNY/SIDE

JONNY/SIDE Member

graffiti is not a crime but is a Beautiful art. think about it what would you like to see a dull gray wall or a beautiful wall thats not depressing .

19. Pyro-maniac

Pyro-maniac Member

i think some parts of it are art but at the same time its vandlism

20. trap

trap Senior Member

of couuurrse its art.......................................................except for reeally bad throwies.