Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lookie-Lookie at the Blackbookies: flicks>talk

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by geezpot, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Thx bro

2. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

For Jews

PXL_20210609_180939665.MP~2.jpg

3. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

4. Jews

Jews Member

5. EBA

EBA Elite Member

6. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Elite Member

7. IcieGr8pe

IcieGr8pe Senior Member

8. SumYungGai

SumYungGai Elite Member

suckit.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  9. EBA

EBA Elite Member

My playing card project continues… on the left, the 7 of crowns. On the right is the tarot, number 9… The Hermit.

4CDFD6A2-5BCA-4307-AD75-E5D3C6E46A12.jpeg

10. Ninju

Ninju Member

I cant find it but i KNOW the piece you ripped this hard from, i saw it on IG a while back and i remember the exact piece it was made by REMIX

IMG_0108_jpg.jpg

BraskArtBlogGraffiti2.jpg

bece6abfd494ca45c90f193304b14a09.jpg

Screenshot_20210627-105809_YouTube.jpg

11. Ninju

Ninju Member

Some lazy funk

Snapchat-195628870.jpg

12. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Dunno that he was biting.

The style he used, that Remix is also using, is pretty traditional graffiti letters. Since the words are so similar, it is difficult not to make them look similar. And he didn't even end up using any of those sketches.

No hate. No shit talking here. Just observing.

13. Classic

Classic Senior Member

That’s remix from nsf. I don’t know him but I knew/know all the baltimore nsf guys. Arek, eli, Vandel, Seth, dame, Soviet etc

it’s just a simple east coast style, my style is the standard stuff you’d see in 90s east coast as well.

14. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Never heard of remix, believe it or not, but I like his style from what you've shown.

I only really followed a couple of crew while I was a young boy lol, obviously I followed what happened in Montreal, LA, NY, SF, Philly, but that was more than 15 years ago.

In an old time when Facebook, instagram etc didn't exist, like minded people entered online forums like this one to see what was happening around the world.

I even wrote with some guys on a little thing called playdo.graffiti, we'd battle random words for hours on end, with a mouse mind you, tablettes wheren't even a thing yet, scraping our 1rst-2nd and 3rd draft because the other guy just wouldn't want to look like a bum in front of a stranger on the internet lol.

Good times lol great times :)

That's how I originally developed a style. Don't get me wrong, I did bite alot at first, copied even, I took letters and styles from all the people I looked up to, geser3a, eaz, norm msk awr, saber, cope2, waster12, die59, and alot of others. Some you can probably see in my style, if your old enough to have been there around that time, some I've never got the hang of. Too complex for my skills some might say.

Also I don't mind that you think that I bit that guy, I'd tell you if I did , but that's up to you to believe.

I did study the fuck out of 2 dvds I bought in the shop, one was EaZ's guide to lettering, not sure about the name but he broke down is own style in there, gave loads of tips. And piece by piece, a dvd documentary about the history of sf graffiti.

Finally, if you think remix isn't biting anyone's style, you're in for a big surprise when you do your homework lol

15. Ninju

Ninju Member

Unfortunately i couldnt find the EXACT outline that was very very very similiar to ehat Remik used but all i could find in short notice was what i posted, like i said i saw the exact outline a bunch of times it was saved in my phone of IG saved folders but couldnt find it, but with how shakey and unconfident Remik's lines are contracted with the semi half decent sense of style makes me wonder if he saw REMIX and just used his outlines since they have almost the same name, ive seen writers do it a bunch, as long as theyre up front and own it amd say they got influenced by X/Y/Zs letter forms and are just starting and learning then its not a huge deal but it gets into murky water when inexperienced toys directly copy an outline and change it by 1 letter a d say act like its all them, im sure anyone thats semi experienced can agree it gets a little iffy in that territory and untasteful, i just really wish i could find the exact outline id pass by thru my phone all the time but ill have to either save it for another day or not waste my energy but its always a good idea when starting to just be honest about your letters and outlines and if its mega close to someones and you know it just say you really like x/y/z work and might have took too much inspo from a piece,
    anyways i didnt want to make a huuge deal about it but i had to say something when i see unconfident lines mixed with other ppls outlines ive seen a million times from other more experienced writers, always makes me feel something fishy

16. Ninju

Ninju Member

After reading your reply i appreciate your (im assuming) honesty, and i while ppl bite things here and there its never good when you have a name thats almost the same with a style thats echos the more skilled and famous one, but from what you've explained it seems like it wasnt super intentional and started graff around the same time in around 2004ish, i grew up on all those dvds and books and more even, so i know exactly what youre saying and the ppl youve learned, just always be mindful of not biting TOO much esp from ppl with very similar names, everyone bites and adds on but just careful and try to bite little bits from a buffet of your fav writers and then mix that all together along with your own flavor and you will start developing a style thats uniquely you even if just by a bit

17. Ninju

Ninju Member

Anyways back to our scheduled program..
    An old piece i did for my ex-gf, nice piece but she was a fucking Rollercoaster. Wish i finished the background..

9hdTrxx.jpg

18. Ninju

Ninju Member

Some simple funky pieces for some frens names

LbkkYdF.jpg

HoLUprg.jpg

19. Ninju

Ninju Member

I like the caligraphy practice, looks very clean, id almost want to see you expand one of those calligraphy fonts and thicken and bend one into a full blown piece, feels like it would have much more flavor and uniqueness to it imo

20. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

I'll do something like that for the toy battle , you'll see it in the thread probably really close to the deadline lol.

Also don't worry about calling me out on the style of my sketches, I'm all good with the critiques and I totally see why you think that I'm biting.

My style, if you can call it that, is really just straight letters made from my handstyle with little flow bends and angled endings. Nothing to write home about.

The calligraffiti style you see is highly influenced by keaps25lr from instagram. Check him out, he's really dope.