Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lookie-Lookie at the Blackbookies: flicks>talk

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by geezpot, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ENY1

ENY1 Member

friuty.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  2. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

This ain't yours fuck face. That's nev from gruesome graphx. Are you actually stooping to this level

3. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

Lil snipppets

IMG_20210221_203916_460.jpg

IMG_20210304_195348_916.jpg

4. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

Lost this book but the style will live on

Screenshot_20201223-011305 (2).png

5. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

6. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

It was a doodle I kindve went off on! Sometimes it ends up looking real cool, I dont usually use pencil anymore.

Heres a quick one I did for my homie Jenkim, sorry for lack of quality. I really like the flow of this one tho (I do notice the missed 3d lol)

IMG_20210308_213310_2981 (3).jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  7. NeVeReVeR

NeVeReVeR Member

U do? U don’t put up a picture of yourself, paint over it, n then just turn the opaque down til it’s a shiny mix of the two? Not doubting u at all homie cuz u have mad mad skills with procreate.. but I do something similar when I practice portraits for tattooing… again tho not doubting just askin. U got chops bro so u got mad respect from me fr.

8. NeVeReVeR

NeVeReVeR Member

Yeah that’s gotta be like 10 layers or better lol…. If that’s from scratch bro it’s slick as fuckkkkkkk

9. EBA

EBA Elite Member

I trace over the original art. Sure. A simple outline to ensure I have perspectives and proportions correct. Once I have the basic image blocked in, from there it is all me. Like that Biz portrait. Both of his ears were visible and the earring on both ears too. I didn’t like it. So I dropped it. Also his shirt didn’t have all that definition and wrinkles. Some of the shadows were not as defined. I changed all that, because I wanted to represent him, not recreate the photo.

I felt a little sheepish about the initial tracing for a long time, but apparently all photorealism is done that way, and the idea of using images projected onto your surface is hundreds of years old. There is an old technology that predates cameras where you use a pinhole and it projects onto a wall and that is used to trace onto canvas. Camera Obscura I believe it is called. But if you look at my finished portraits and their originals, you can see a vast difference. I had at one time wanted to make images match perfectly and probably could if I set my mind to it, but then, why bother? Just use a photograph! No need for you to draw t all. I would rather put my own spin on things.

10. NeVeReVeR

NeVeReVeR Member

absolutely. There are snobs out there that’ll claim for days that they don’t use source material for their work, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using a reference. I can’t by without one, and I’ve bin doing it for a long enough time to know that it’s not worth the time agonizing over every single line making sure it’s perfect, just to get started with the actual piece. Anyways bro, I appreciate you, keep it up forreal. Like I said u got mad chops lol

11. EBA

EBA Elite Member

12. EGGZ

EGGZ Senior Member

13. EGGZ

EGGZ Senior Member

14. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Cyborg
    Hush
    Vandals

20210820_100111.jpg

Hush.JPG

Vandals.jpg

15. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

Satire, what program do you use to create your work? Id like to recreate some of my designs on photoshop like that. Id be curious to know the process!
    Eggz, dont really think that makes the cut to be in this thread. Dont know if the intermediate section is still active.. maybe check that out.

Bumped this for the guy on the last page, but unfortunately you have to click to see the pictures, sorry budd I tried!

Vigostar, I do enjoy the bottom one but not so much the other two. Why the styles so drastically different also? Maybe spread them letters out more, give em some breathing room.

On a side note, I just made this signature on photoshop, Lemme know what you think!
    I uploaded a photo so this page wouldnt be so bare!

IMG_20210220_232408_739.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  16. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Cuz doing the same stuff over and over is boring.

17. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

Word I feel that, but they feel drastically different. Id like to see more of your work is all I guess!
    Old one for talk. Post up some of your older work! Ive been unactive for a hot min

11413046145_1e65ab693e_o.jpg

18. EGGZ

EGGZ Senior Member

Thanks for input, maybe some constructive criticism would be cool, or link for intermediate area. I'm happy to post anywhere for input/contribution.

19. SeyoR666

SeyoR666 Member

20. EGGZ

EGGZ Senior Member

Too easy. Thanks.