Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Making your ink immune to rubbing alcohol?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Crookenhagen, Dec 5, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Crookenhagen

Crookenhagen Member

Yo, I've been into making inks for a half year now. Starting to regret that I skipped chemistry class.. I've managed to make my ink a hell to paint over, but they're always rubbed off any surface with solvents. I thought about woodstain but can't get any right now.

2. OcTO

OcTO New Member

Potassium permanganate stains really good and reacts with the surface! Also DOT3 Brake Fluid slows drying but it will help set inc in even more.
    Btw what solvent do you use?

3. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

sorta funny that its as you say hard to paint over but then is really easy to remove just with solvents haha. i dont know if there is much you can do, as with permenant inks and paints, solvent is the base, and to clean solvent, you use more solvent to thin it down, similar to water based paints.

4. OcTO

OcTO New Member

LOL just watched your ink vid an hour ago xD

5. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

wow well funny XD XD XD XD

6. Zeusxl

Zeusxl Member

I like to Add feiblings leather dye to hard to buff ink. It's not invincible but it's a beach to wash off. Or you could Try graffing on a porous surface they'll never get it off!

7. madsteez

madsteez New Member

Your advice is pretty flat, what you shoulda said is use a solvent that the buff doesn't use...

8. SPAK45

SPAK45 New Member

i think having more corrosive ink will help with staining and fighting the buff, ive got a lil recipie i made yesterday that im yet to test but i think the cunt'll burn through surfaces like no tomorrow, its pretty basic but that's a good thing.

• 100 ballpoint pens
    • 250ml methylated spirits
    • a printer ink cartridge (bigger the better)
    • and a capful of dot 3
    I'm sure yous have all seen this ink before but its really acidic so it'll ghost really well

1. take out ink bits from pen
    2. cut ink bits in half and take off nib so metho can flow through
    3. put in ink bits small glass jar with metho
    4. open up printer ink with whatever you can (i drilled a hole it the side cause fuck it)
    5. pour in printer ink, if you like the taste of it you can blow into another hole to push out a couple drips
    6. shake glass jar a bunch
    7. pour in dot 3
    8. shake again
    9. leave overnight or a day or two
    10. decanter from jar into whatever you like
    11. make sure the ink isn't in any squeeze mop or marker for too long because the brake fluid will corrode it over a couple weeks.
    And that's your nasty ink done, it should keep stains where you want them to be.

9. SPAK45

SPAK45 New Member

^^^ note having the methylated sprits as the thinner will mean that the same stuff can get the ink off, but since it stains so well, only the surface substance will go, leaving fat ghosts wherever you put the stuff