Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. genre

genre Member

hey, so most of us know that zigs, martha stewart, and woodcraft glue pens and stain pens all work for quick and cheap flowpens.... they're relatively easy to do, and mess free as well. However, especially in the case of the woodstain pens ive seen, they are quite bulky, so the other day, while wondering how i could scrounge some cash for a Krink K-71, i noticed something in my laundry room. not a chemical perfect for a staining ink, but, a tide to go pen. I checked bombing science, and, after seeing nothing, i realised i had come across a gem. They dont open very easily it would appear, however i find with a vicegrip, they come open in about 10 seconds, just use judgement on where to put the pliers. The top (valve and all) comes out , leaving a perfect area to rinse out, and fill up with your favorite inks. I found the shape to be almost exact to that of a K-71, although the nib is its downfall. The nib is made with two long indentations on either side, which allows the ink (or detergent) to flow through the extremely hard surface. However, i found that if you use some homemade, milk consitancy ghetto krink, it flows through, making a drippy tag while you work. It hasn;t leaked out on me yet, but the problem may still be there, so i hope my finding helps somebody, as they're cheaper than the zigs, but dont go fucking it up, and getting ink everywhere... THIS MARKER IS MESSY AS VAIJ!

2. genre

genre Member

i know im multi posting here, but i bought one of those in quebec a while back, and regretted it before i got back to my hotel. they're made with liquid based chaulk. so they aren;t permanent. i'm yet to see the point in making that marker. so to answer yuor question no, you mix it with nothing, and theres nothing wrong with you, your marker just sucks a mean cock.

3. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I figured as much. I just dont see why they would of done that.

4. genre

genre Member

i'd say it was to give the company some credit, you know, so that they could say that they dont only sell graffiti products, with the intent of destroying property.... but yeah, doesn;t help the kids paying 8 bucks for a crazy coloured marker that stains about as much as grass....

5. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Honestly, every OTR I've ever had sucked fat cock.

6. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

Does anyone know if thiers anyway to refill Dalo Markers?

7. genre

genre Member

wordd. i only rock hmoemade flowpens and silver prismas now, they're perfect for small scrips and shit, OTR's just aren;t good markers for some reason, the circle tip is one of the worst wastes of plastic i've ever seen.

8. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Fo reals, all i have is homemade ink, homemade paint, some staz-ons, zigs, and bingo daubers. No need to buy shit.

9. genre

genre Member

i hear you man, racking is keyyyyyy. why pay for a bingo dauber? or like break a fin for the 99 cents you need to buy some alcohol for ink? its pointless....

10. GaZm13

GaZm13 Elite Member

I have a few of the OTR .60's and .65's. They are streaky as hell unless you tag very slowly. I hated them. Silver is the only one that worked decent enough.

11. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

i ve got a cold sweat but i love it i usually use mop but i actually like this marker and i dont like markers very much

12. cyclone

cyclone New Member

the kiwi bottles are great! u just cant write on rough surfaces or else the sponge will rip off. ive gone through tons of kiwi bottles cuz of dat!

13. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

14. intaout

intaout Senior Member

what mops can i find at wall-ee land boys?

15. Wallace

Wallace Elite Member

walmart? just kiwis really i think. they have window chalk but its the shitty kind

16. intaout

intaout Senior Member

yeh walmart, aren't there like tire cleaners or something wierd with mo-hair?

17. intaout

intaout Senior Member

not as reliable as the MY PRODUCT BROKE AND I THREW IT OUT I THOUGHT I TRUSTED THIS COMPANY SEND ME PRODUCT BITCHES!

18. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Just get a k66 and refill when needed.

19. BadUncing69

BadUncing69 Senior Member

krink k-71 markers are really good and when you shake them they dont make that much noise except for the silver, plus there way easy to refill and there really versitile

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  20. BadUncing69

BadUncing69 Senior Member

how good is window chalk?