Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Molotow markers. Worth the $$$?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Swul, Mar 8, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Swul

Swul Senior Member

So I've developed my style enought to where I'm willing to invest in some good supplies. Molotow seems dope...but at 5$ a marker I wanted to see what your guys's experience has been with them. Is 12 markers for 100 "like YESSS ofc ofc get THEm!!!" Or is it like "meh...theyre just nice paint markers"

2. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

TBH just get a white one, some metalics, and a liquid chrome w/ refill. Painters(walmart), Daiso brands, and Posca, all work as good and better in some cases. Save your money for some alchohol markers.

3. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Ok dope. Thanks for the insight. So the white,chrome, and metallics are the only ones worth getting in Molotow?

4. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

In my cheap opinion yes. because the metalics in molotow are much more diverse and work better with other mediums, and the whites cover better than posca and some montana in my experience. Just rack up all the "Painter's" colors and sizes at walmart. You can probably rack your chrome and white at an art store too along with the poscas. Youll be set for years.

5. SumYungGai

SumYungGai Elite Member

Nice try Molotow!

zoink.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  6. IcieGr8pe

IcieGr8pe Senior Member

They would have done it to if it wasn't for TDK.

7. noahenholm

noahenholm Member

What I appreciate the most about this product from the brand Molotow is the incredibly wide range of shade choices in one pack: 6 basic colors, 6 neon colors, 6 metallic colors, 10 pastel colors plus 10 basic colors, and so on. Imagine creating an entire graffiti painting with all of these appealing acrylic paint.