Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Music Production And Turntablism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2006.

Share This Page

1. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

like i said, if you are gonna find a mixer, look for a used one on ebay, you can get a pmc series for dirt cheap, the only thing that MIGHT be wrong with it would prolly be the crossfader bleeding unless otherwise noted, but that can be fixed with the price of the mixer for under 250$....trust me you wanna learn on something decent....i used a cheap ass mixer to start, and now i find myself teaching myself everything over again.....

2. SKriBL*666

SKriBL*666 Elite Member

Thanks for the info.

3. toxus

toxus Elite Member

Well no, they cost more....

If your looking around that sort of money, just get some 1210's.

4. ODonthesetrees

ODonthesetrees Elite Member

who hear has an mpc? i think ill buy the 1000, but i kinda want the 500 jsut becasue its portable...what do you guys htink i should get?

500-portable, only 12 pads-$480
    1000-16 pads, can upgraded harddrive to 80GB so no need to leave samples on the comp(i plan on doing)-$600+$150upgrade

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

i have one, the 2000XL... there hard to learn...

6. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Elite Member

man, its all about an EMU SP 1200

GET AT ME!!!

7. shi

shi Senior Member

I have been into scratching for all my 14 years of life
    and i finally bought a numark TT1600 for 45$

8. shi

shi Senior Member

my unk is a reall DJ he's got some fly technics and he's gonna give me his old mixer

9. ODonthesetrees

nice, is it the oldschool one with the floppys, or the modern one? i was goign to buy the old one, and i still might, but right now im bidding on one of the new black ones with the new pads on ebay for $630...hopefulyl ill win, but these two bastards keep trying to beat me otu for it, i hate ebay ahah

10. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

i know ebay kills me sometimes, i was gonna get a pmc 06 u know the skinny battle mixer for like 65$ and i was outbid in the last 20 seconds....blows nuts.

11. timestrike

timestrike Member

I have a mpc1000 with the new jjos it's very close to the 2500 but many peoples have problem with the pads on the 1000!Every mpc is great and have their own feature!But like gesus sayed there not that easy to learn!Good luck!

12. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

I saw a pair of Pioneer decks in at JB HI-FI the other day, They look like cheaply constructed SL-1200 Bites.

13. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

oh so you were scrathcing before some of the best tunrtablist in the world and before u had any motor skills??

bullshit

and od, the new one which i didnt mean to get i ment to get the one with the floppys cas i have a GRIP of drum programs on flopy from MPCsounds.com and cant use it

14. AMansNotACamel

AMansNotACamel Senior Member

yo i just copped fruity loops and i got a question. Making simple beats is easy once I found out how to work stuff, I got a MIDI keyboard so I can add keys and such cas I'm fairly profficient at keyboard. But for basslines and stuff is it possible to record basslines on pro tools and import it to FL or can you plug a bass into the computer with a MIDI lead and record the lines on FL. Sorry if this sounds mad dumb.

15. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

Yo, I'm awful at fruityloops and all that and was considering buying an MPC or something, I would like to know if there is a way I can learn how to use an mpc before buying one? I just wanna see if I find it easier than pc methods or not.

16. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

17. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

That mixer looks fair dope.

18. ODonthesetrees

maybe i can be of some help, i dont know how you hooked your midi up but if its through an audio interface then youll be able to plug an out of a pre amp into it, which you can plug a bass into...if the interface has built in preamp jsut throw your bass straight into it and you should be good

question though...if you have protools why do you bother with FL?

i think for christmas im geting the presonus audio interface with cubase combo package from zzsounds...and hten ill cop either an emu or maudio midi 25 key controller, start my mini studio out

19. AMansNotACamel

AMansNotACamel Senior Member

i got no drum mics to record live ish drums but cheers on that bass tip

20. BohemianBastard

BohemianBastard Senior Member