Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Music Production And Turntablism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2006.

Share This Page

1. cess!

cess! Elite Member

rma your shit is pretty darn chilllll
    and god damn ges, that beat is absolutly nasty fuckin killer

anyways this topic is something ive needed for a while, i had mixcraft (before the comp crashed last night) im getting a yamaha keyboard soon...right now making music is the number one thing i want to do in my life, something im very willing to contribute 10 hours a day to..the only shit i can do right now is on the video game frequency, which sucks, theres very limited instruments, and all sorts of other shit that frusterates me..i had fruity loops too , but just the demo, shit i didnt even have it long enough to make a song..

2. leftside

leftside Member

Battle pack sucks.. seriously sucks

u need to buy 2 real ones.. or get 2 differents and a nice mixer cuz that battle pack is just no good..

no sense in spending money on something inferior. buy the real shit now and learn with that, [/b][/quote]
    For $200 on eBay tho can u really beat it?

What would u suggest I got instead of the battlepack? I'd rather not blow a load of money on audio equipment right away b/c my needs will prolly end up changing when I get more into it anyways

3. Avos

Avos Elite Member

ahhhh yes and we're off.

besides stacks of vinyl, 2 numark ttxs, stanton sk-6 battle mixer with focus fader, acid 4, reason, logic, 2 pro tools studios i work out of when im in school, access to 3 studios, my m-audio trigger finger and a yamaha psr 303 keyboard hooked up to my ibook

4. Avos

Avos Elite Member

What would u suggest I got instead of the battlepack? I'd rather not blow a load of money on audio equipment right away b/c my needs will prolly end up changing when I get more into it anyways [/b][/quote]
    exactly man, you can always upgrade later. i fuckin learned on an oldschool numark belt drive and an old pioneer from the 80s. dont drop a G on shit that you might not even end up using for very long. make sure your hearts in it first then continue on from there.

5. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

Dawg when the fuck did u get a m audio trigger finger? those things are fun

but on the real we need to finish our colab and thanks Cess like i said ill battle ANYONE one this site *shows gold grill*

but dont slip on my free EP im charging for the album so im giving you free shit with that mini no place like home Ep

6. Da Woof

Da Woof Senior Member

What would u suggest I got instead of the battlepack? I'd rather not blow a load of money on audio equipment right away b/c my needs will prolly end up changing when I get more into it anyways [/b][/quote]
    well numark also.. get a pair of used. Dj in a box turntables.. see if u can get them spare.. without the mixer so u will get a lower price.. go and buy a XONE mixer if u got the moeny.. or just go ahead and go for the
    [Broken External Image]:http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM00/Content/Numark/HotPick/em360.jpg
    there is a inferior version with less options that is really cheap in places like ebay... with that u dont need to upgrade u can stay along time with those.

awww1.dragonet.es_users_musicasa_musicasa2000_images_numarkem260sm.jpg
    i bought that for 100 or 70 a while ago when i started-

and doze 2 turntables are rolly best without being superexpensive... jsut a amtter of finding who sells them used, or u can get some ol skool technics.. really old ones.. =7
    is up to everybody's pocket :ph34r: :ph34r:

7. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

God bless built in Kaoss Pads....

8. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

Heres some more tracks from me....

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...9591C7E7B2221FF
    Gesus - Seen It All ft Bjork (track 16 off my Nu Outlook Crook album)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...DD375C56B33D8FA
    Gesus - Thill is gone Ft Chet Baker (track 17 off N.O.C)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...38E672D18A00966
    Gesus - Save her (Track 2 off Hopes, Dreams, and Broken Things)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...2965C234AFC533B
    Gesus - Congration is not a word (Track 12 off HD&BT)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...BB9EFCB4886A2C0
    Gesus - Outro (on HD&BT)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...57CD8DE0106D899
    Gesus (Ghost Stories Project ft Mr. Long Story) - Broken Armistice
    (Album Whispers in Grey Matter will be released in a few months)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...45F0AE451868C40
    Gesus - Numb (Unreleased)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...0B7C6E464A9CD79
    Gesus - Adrina

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...D38DBDD14267DD2
    Gesus - Revenge

Theres enough free beats... buy my albums..please im hungry....

9. Kao.Ali

Kao.Ali Senior Member

exactly man, you can always upgrade later. i fuckin learned on an oldschool numark belt drive and an old pioneer from the 80s. dont drop a G on shit that you might not even end up using for very long. make sure your hearts in it first then continue on from there. [/b][/quote]
    yeah but id go for midrange gear like the new stantons
    learning on a set of belts is annoying
    i love my new decks and they were only 500 for the pair

but now i need a new drum machine, any suggestions?
    im thinkin of saving for a MPC 1000, but i already got a good sampler (a 404)
    maybe the midrange poland, i dont remeber the name

10. Avos

Avos Elite Member

Dawg when the fuck did u get a m audio trigger finger? those things are fun

but on the real we need to finish our colab and thanks Cess like i said ill battle ANYONE one this site *shows gold grill*

but dont slip on my free EP im charging for the album so im giving you free shit with that mini no place like home Ep [/b][/quote]
    ahhh hell yeah i got hooked up with one for a 120 cause one of my teachers gets mad discounts on all m-audio products so he hooked it up for me. just slowly building up the arsenal lil by lil.

and hell yeah man i gotta go dig to see if i still have that track we were workin on , my comp got fried and i lost about 75% of everything on here so hopefully i still got it. and i am downloadin the EP as we speak B) "we black actors, we gotta stick together!"

11. Mse

Mse Elite Member

12. BLOC

BLOC Senior Member

13. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

14. Mse

Mse Elite Member

yes, thats all i want

and be brutally honest

15. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

sorry i blacked out from lack of sleep hmm ok (track 1)

first off your levels are off drums i feel are too loud you background should be the same level as your drums in my oppinion, you drums lack headnod ablitytry adding high hats to get more a freestyle fellowship or "crunk" "durty souf" style drums to get it to fit a lil bit better

your drums lack be cas there simple no break maybe try adding more to the drums or speeding up the drums a bit but i feel theres too much unused space specially for the back ground

the strings an chorus are nice the keys are ok but fuck around the the generator more and youll get it maybe try adding effects like reverb on you your intro ments....

i listened to the beat 4 time before i wrote that

(Track 2)
    the bass is nice on it, back ground is nice and happy mellody.. your drums aree a lil bit more on point but still lack they have more of a break but still not complete with the beat homie plus your using them shitty sounding sounds... if u REALLY want ill upload a sound kit for you of more "realistic" sounding sounds but only for you... if anyone else wants them Via email ill send them but theres gonna be a price, i bought these kits from sony a while for drum machines and still rock them today but i have litterly thousands

if anypart of that sounds insult full at least you know im being 110% honest and listenign to each beat atleast 4 times before i started typing about it then listening to while i was typing, you know i love you mse

16. Socrates

Socrates Senior Member

:wub: thanks man, i was just making shit i thought sounded good. As for the breaks, your gonna have to explain that to me. Im not reading any tutorials im learning through use
    As for the instruments im using fruity right now, i have 1/2 of acid installed but i need some updates or something which i cant download right now. But if you paid id feel guilty taking it from you ( i already took bleubird :) dope album by the way ).

Sleep mayne, but if you wanna stay awake eat something and go ride your bike around a bit. I havent slept since sunday, and i just went riding im wide awake now :)

But you could upload the instruments for me when i get better :)

thanks again homie :wub:

17. DOK!

DOK! Senior Member

ay can anyone give me some critz on this new beat i made. i tried the 9th wonder style of cutting samples sortof.

www.myspace.com/djmurdok

the track is called strings

18. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

19. DOK!

DOK! Senior Member

yea that seems to be the problem wit all my beats.

20. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

MSE HERES A EXAMPLE OF BREAKS

EDIT FOR THE MOMENT

i made this beat FOR YOU

so u beeter listen i think ima redue it properly thought cas it has potentional just somthing slopy i cooked up

but list to drunms see how no space is really left and how if u sped it up it would almost be somthing to break dance too thats what i mean by a break