Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Music Production And Turntablism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2006.

Share This Page

1. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

yea man i know, liek i told you dawg keep your chin up and if u need anything or anyone to tqalk to you im here for ya fam... my love goes out to your dude, sorry shits been so rought the past few months, but it makes us stronger homie

2. <-AnCrOnE->

<-AnCrOnE-> Member

wat would be a good set up to get into scratching cuz i was thinking on getting a stanton package but im not sure any suggestion

3. SoDamnFresh

SoDamnFresh Senior Member

yo... feelin that.

Gesus and whoever else... I MC on tracks my 2 mates produce. They are called Infinite potential and we do bi-monthly mixtapes you should check out and tell me what y'all think...

check the tracklist for Amber MC, thats moi...

http://www.infinite-potential.info/Oddcast.htm

also we have a few records out that you should be able to get in canada if you search for it on the Catskills label.

tell me what y'all think.

4. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

[Broken External Image]:http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/6245/000000833sm5.jpg
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...A07D1D71560F462
    Gesus - Call it what you want Ft. Variex and Ebb

Track Features Variex and EBB from the Bay Area, Produced by myself... This is deffantly one of the best songs that have had yrics layed on them, i feel the fuck out of it.... if anyone likes abstract hiphop, Anticon or Alias you should deffanlty grab this bitch reguardless... cas its free for the moment

5. toxus

toxus Elite Member

Gesus, You really do scare me somtimes :(

6. dcite

dcite Elite Member

yo, there probably isnt any where else to post this so i dont care; if anyone has any old blank cassettes laying around, or not blank for that matter, that they think they're just going to throw away, i would really appreciate taking them off your hands........ or buying them if reasonable.
    pm me

7. toxus

toxus Elite Member

If I knew you in real life I would give you mine. But, eh, there what, £5 a pack?

8. Socrates

Socrates Senior Member

9. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Acid wont run on a mac, which is why im having problems right now, i just got a mac and all i have is garage band. I have a copy of logic but cant figure out how to use it.

10. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

o shit another beatboxer r u aany good ?how long u been doin it

11. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

i beat box, and have for years now

12. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

i bet i could beat u in a battle,lol well probily could off stood a chance last year.i used to be quite good but im slacking lately but i wanna get back into it.i can still carry a beat but no where near ass good as i used too

13. taxus

taxus Senior Member

Some one help me here.

Can I run my stuff like this....... Mixer> Computer> *recording software*> Amp> Speakers/?

My 2nd output on my mixers busted, and its really anoying.

14. MFGrimm

MFGrimm Senior Member

uhh taxus just pm gesus with that type of questions, he'll know. and faster response.

aight we all know this question had to come up sooner or later i nthis thread...maybe it did but im too lazy to read all the other posts.

Vynil....or digital (mp3s,CD w.e you want to call it.)

now vynil is the better sound because, for you people that dont know the basics of a vynil is an exact replica of the master copy, the same mold, so that why the sound is so crisp. thats the reason why theyre are so many people who prefer the vynil sound. the new mixing, producing, dj'ing era has brought in digital equipment to use. people argue about the sound quality, and i personally think that vynil sounds cant be matched. this beign said, it's almost a fact that a between a vynil dj, and a digital dj...in terms of averall skill and range of diffrent sounds they can produce, the digital dj will prevail almost everytime. dont argue about this...some people may be diffrent. but in general its true... not to mention the fact that instead of having to spend a couple hours before a show loading shit outa your pickup truck, digitals can just come in with some cases and be done in half an hour.

that beign said....question is

Vynil, or digital?

**PS...you guys ever heard of DJ mattress? from BC canada, if you can track him down and hes not fucked on some sort of drug, most helpful person you can talk to.**

15. taxus

taxus Senior Member

Yeah.
    I got my stuff connected to my computer now.

Vynil and CD is down to you.
    They both have ups and downs....

16. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

i've been dj'ing for about 4 years now....last year my crossfaders went out on both of my mixers, no biggie i'll buy new faders and use the line switch.....did that for a while and never bought a new fader.

about a year ago someone just straight up broke the needles off of my cardtridges....that was some bitch shit, but i havent used my tables since then....they've been accumulating dust lol.

last thursday i bought a new mixer and a set of cartridges and now im gettin back into it.....

ne one got any helpful websites with tips??

p'z

17. MFGrimm

MFGrimm Senior Member

uhh fuck man try googling sheldon drake.... DJ drake... me thim last year at my sisters... he is fucking insane. if you write him up an e-mail he'll hit you back in a day or so. he does the vynil and cd. he'll know everything you needa know.
    also my friends bro is a music techie whos going to some sort of school for music equipment of all sorts...ill give him a ring see if he can start posting around here.

how old were you guys when you started this shit?
    and how? friend? family, etc?
    and last you guys do this for money? or just some shit you do when your at home in the late night?

18. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

take the master output from the mixer out, run a 1/8th to 1/4 from your moxer master output into your record in on your computer

then run the same thing out of the headphone jack form your computer into your amp input then run theheadphone jack out of the amp into rca converter into your av controller recever when will then put out of your speakers.... i dont know WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY u would want to run it like that but thats how u would do it....

as for how long i been producing about 6 years last 4 years hardcore, how i started i been in bands my whole life and then decided to start to do it on my own... i do it for the love the experience to give back to what music has given to me, and to just meet people who are into the same shit i am... hiphop a religion not a type of music.....

but a few extra bucks for doing shows doing albums making beats for emcees aint bad, ya heard meh?
    [Broken External Image]:http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/795/0000021ar3.jpg

19. RMA

RMA Elite Member

20. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

for the question of vynil or CD decks ?

i have a pair of CD decks . i like them because you can fit a TON of songs onto 1 cd and you dont have to carry around a bunch of records. (obvious reason why its better) but on the down side the actuall control of the sound and the scratching is not as accurate as a vynil table. plus you cant beat the sound of a wax record there is no comparason to it. but now they have CD decks with so many sound effects and features that you cant get with vynil decks. so its all up to what kind of music your gonna spin and how you DJ.
    ive been doing it for awhile now mostly i just do housepartys now for fun. but if you can go with vynil if not get CD decks