Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

My Horrible First Throwie

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by KRONOS, Mar 16, 2022.

Share This Page

1. KRONOS

KRONOS New Member

if you don’t wanna read story skip to the end

yo. the other day was the first time i went out and attempted to do a throwie. i’m still a toy, and this was my first time on the streets doing this, so i was a bit jittery.

Here’s the big problem: i was using black rustoleum flat protective enamel with a chisel cap for a black background. i don’t know what’s up with rustoleum or my caps, but filling was a total dusty-paint-just-pushing-up-against-the-wall-and-not-really-applying mess. i then immediately switched to purple krylon colormaxx paint + primer for the letters outline. but then tragedy struck. i used the krylon and it literally wouldn’t apply good at ALL. it was like the paint was flippin melting into the black. it was a watery and drippy and just overall blubbery mess. the purple was super runny and drippy, and i tried to apply SEVERAL coats and i ended up almost running out of my krylon. it was still just like it was being watery and absorbed with the black. and my piece looked like a monstrosity.

so here’s my question(s): are rustoleum and krylon even good? i apply them with pink dots and such and they just turn runny and they become merging messes. do i have to wait in between time for making a black background and then waiting for it to dry to do an outline? i need sum help man because i’ve never felt that level of disappointment.

2. smek one

smek one Member

nothings wrong with rusto nor krylon, its just your can control. I said this because you mentioned it was your first time so how would you know how to deal with cans if it was your first time.