Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Opening up a graffiti supply shop. Where do I start????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EGS, Jan 20, 2021.

Share This Page

1. EGS

EGS New Member

So over the last couple years ive been really interested in trying to open up my very own graffiti supply shop in my new found city Bend, Oregon..
    EVERYDAY GRAFFITI SUPPLY/SHOP havent decided on supply or shop yet ive researched starting a small business, applying for a EIN and the go about ways of trying to get credit opened up with vendors etc also ive learned the basic go abouts to try to keep your personal and business credit seperated considering my personal credit is not the best. The biggest thing that puzzles me is being able to come up with either purchasing or renting a space... And mostly honestly i just need guidance. I have no idea what im doing.. As of now... But this is my dream. My biggest life goal. The culture behind graffiti is so rich and unique in so many ways and obviously pretty damn fun living on the edge like that ya know. So any advice i would love to hear. Tell me your thoughts.

2. bOOSi

bOOSi New Member

Make a virtual store first. Honestly OfferUp is dope for this sometimes if you have a page loaded up with items, can save a little on shipping probably, and reach more of an audience. I’d buy from you on there and test you stuff in videos

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

I've seen so many graffiti stores fail, in a city a lot bigger than Bend Oregon, that it would make your head spin b-boy style. Even ones that didn't just sell graffiti supplies. I have this wild theory (super out there and super wild) that there just aren't that many people buying art supplies, and the ones that do "legal" art tend to use more typical art supply stores, like Michaels or some bullshit.

Brick and mortar is out, like that person above me said. It's gonna cost you a lot of money and energy, and offer little more than an online store would in our modern times. Hell I don't think Bombing Science even has a physical store? Probably a nice warehouse and a small office or something. I don't know the graffiti scene in Bend but I can assure you it probably isn't poppin' enough with only 100,000 people that you will be able to survive off selling caps, markers, paint etc.. while paying rent and any other associated business expenses. A physical store only seem like a good idea in an area that has a TON of active graffiti writers and artists

I live in a city of about 2million, and we have 2 real "graffiti" stores. Only one of them exclusively sells art supplies and its more of a general art supply store that leans towards graffiti.

4. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I agree with Tony. My city is just around half a million people and all we have is the standard Michaels and Hobby Lobby for art supply stores. Maybe get a job at an art store and see how the business does first. And remember most young heads will probably just lift everything they need from your store.

5. Orientoswitcho

Orientoswitcho Member

Though reality is that writers mostly rack, it goes hands in hands, so even if there's a lot of writers you may not be able to sell a lot. Coming from someone who wanted to do the same

6. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

Take business classes first. Open up a general art and graffics store that has some graff stuff. Apeal to a broader range of consumers.

7. Skullface

Skullface New Member

Oh, EGS I appreciate your desire to set up your own business!

8. Guile

Guile Member

pfffflolol at the guy saying "take business classes"

look, all you have to do is get a wholesale discount on a ton of paint, and sell it slowly at a markup from your house. have a good relationship with your postal service and calculate some profit margins over certain timeframes, like 6 months, 1 yr, etc. there will be no huge reward except being able to make invaluable contacts, which is what you should be really doing this for, not just selling paint, which any retard can do if he has the initial investment cost.

9. DanielCarr

DanielCarr New Member

To set a business needs some relatives with a good financial base, that is all.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  10. Dolgan

Dolgan Member

What's the difficulty in renting some commercial space? Look in neighborhoods where young people hang out and rent or buy space there. The audience is going to be teenagers, so that's where you need to open. Then you buy a VoIP number (I advise MightyCall) for more convenient contact with customers and suppliers, and then you can fully open your own store.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  11. noes

noes Member

you never profit off art unless you only in it for the dough

12. goest

goest Member

welll.... thats right.

13. Solomonitto

Solomonitto Member

Hi, how is your business doing? Have you managed everything that you had as a goal? I am a student and also have some startup ideas. Additionally, I have discovered https://assignmentbro.com/business-management-assignment-help which significantly supports me. I get business management assignment help from writing experts, and this way, our paths will be more accessible. So let me, as a student with big dreams and plans, help you and suggest this service.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023