Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Posca Markers General (and a few questions from me)

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Synapsu, Apr 22, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Synapsu

Synapsu Member

Hello there!
    I've had some questions about Posca Markers for a while, and never really got a solid answer.
    I've looked up a lot about permanence, how they write, etc, and I haven't really found much.
    Is there a reason for this? Are they good markers?
    And the main question on my mind, how permanent are they?
    I've heard things about "acrylic/water based is the future of paint markers" but I'm not exactly sure what that means.
    Do they fade? How do they resist weather?
    Secondary questions: How do they write, and how is specifically the PC-17K?
    This thread can also be used for general discussion about them.
    Thanks a bunch!

I should clarify, I don't really care about tags getting buffed, because if someone is really determined to remove a tag, they will. What I care about is how it holds up through weather, sunlight, wear and tear. I don't care how easy it is to remove by a person, I care about how easy it is to remove by nature.

uni posca.png

2. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Paint markers hold up for years if no one fucks with the tag. I got a couple that held up over 10 years around town. I'll try to find em. They were done with OTR's.

3. Synapsu

Synapsu Member

Well, I know that, I have a couple Sakuras and a px-30, I mean specifically the water based acrylic of POSCA paint markers. Thanks though

4. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Color will fade in saturation with time no matter what, posca, molotow, MTN, otr. it doesn't matter. Sun will do that.

5. Synapsu

Synapsu Member

Alright, thank you very much. I was debating whether to actually get one because i've heard people talking about how POSCA paint is "less permanent" but not saying what that means.