Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Question about Philly Handstyle

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dudeatyahoo, Feb 9, 2013.

Share This Page

1. osber

osber Senior Member

Just aint authennik

2. oatmeal

oatmeal Senior Member

its just lame. philly styles well all location based handstyles developed due to the environment and what they had to work with. thats why its kinda silly to try to execute location based handstyles in other cities. also not being immersed ie living in the location of origin and being very knowledgeable of the style which my experience living in Philadelphia is not something you can find on the internet. there for unless you spend time here whatever you're trying to do will not look true to the forum. what you will do is bite some very well know styles from the area and produce something that is one giant mess of internet toy crap and think its dope. when in reality its pretty embarrassing. by all means absorb it and appreciate it but don't try to do it. and that video that was posted of nb while is dope and has relevance today its like looking at a piece of history. wickeds and philly handstyles have come along way since then. so trying to apply that to constructing a handstyle is like looking at stlye wars and biting old school train pieces just dont do it.

http://www.graffiti.org/faq/wickeds.html

3. osber

osber Senior Member

Yeah its like tracing heiroglyphics without knowing what they mean and thr symbolism behind it

4. oatmeal

oatmeal Senior Member

pretty much lol. its like biting a cap throw up and thinking its dope haha.

5. xBOTx

xBOTx Senior Member

I'm from Florida and came up on my own with that kind of Philly style in my tags. You can be anywhere in the world, not just Philly. If that's the case graffiti should only be fine in British America where this all started... Jus being honest.

6. Op Oner

Op Oner New Member

@oatmeal This is a very very late reply but, I'm from Woodstock Ontario, and our enviro,end is pretty weird, we have these spots that look like somethin out of a "Gangster" movie, or in other words just really really crappy and unkept areas, and then we have the downtown area, which is literally un suprevised, no cops patrol around town unless they're called, and I see a lot of philly like tags around here, they have the same kinda style , idk how to describe a philly tag (I'm a toy so no surprise) but, I have a keyboard letter style tag down, and I was wondering if I should try a philly tag, of course I'd ask some help from other writers but, should I go and try a philly tag? I now write OP1, after an incident.
    Just curious

7. marky mark

marky mark New Member

ive been really inspired by philly wickeds and have wanted to create my own wicked, but are you telling me since I ain't from philly I shouldn't even attempt to come up with my own wicked? What i'm taking from what you are saying is that unless I get taught from an old head in philly how to do wickeds, i'll never be able to do them, and i shouldn't even attempt it?

8. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA Member

Pretty much...either that or the place gets them fresh amoroso rolls overnight delivered to wherever they at.

9. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

U already failed the philly tag part already bud. OP1? Thts DEF not even a name u would see on a philly wall most likely. Philly has just diff style of names than that

10. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

11. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

Them letters would be thee worst to even attempt a philly tag with...those letters have no whip just those letters by themselves

12. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

13. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

It takes years to learn wickets. That philly teacher better have alot of time on his hands lol...but for low price of 1$ a minute i can make u the next BATE in the short time of 7 years ctfu

14. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

Sure u can eat one why couldnt u? But chances are itll be some watered down half ass bullshit lol

15. EXAMROCKPUSSYKNOCKA

Everywhere that i have been outside of philly. Okay lets say tri state area that advertise philly cheesesteaks and i try one they fckn suck. Just like theres a way to do a philly tag, a way to do a wicket, theres also the right way to chop up a cheesesteak the right way. U wouldnt understand unless u were from philly

16. Edwin Rivera

Edwin Rivera New Member

Didn't expect all this negative bs on here. Philly people are the worst. How's that for negative? If you wanna try wickeds go for it. But definitely change your name to something with more flare. Maybe OPone or OPWON. What if everyone outside of NYC was told don't Graff that's an Nyc thing. Think about that.....

17. Edwin Rivera

Edwin Rivera New Member

18. Sprayz.Sc4313k

Sprayz.Sc4313k New Member

Lol