Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

writers do that, read any freight company manual, or talk to someone who works in a yard,its not important but, that is the proper term, its because the first books on graff were about the subways, so the term carried over

2. calculating infinity

calculating infinity Elite Member

3. iVIBE

iVIBE Senior Member

hammer was just telling you the history on it bud, its your choice on what you call it.

4. letsgobombin

letsgobombin Senior Member

anyone got an idea of what sizes respirators are? like where is it measured round and how many inches is small, medium and large?

5. iVIBE

iVIBE Senior Member

unless you have an extremely large head i would just go with the medium you can adjust it to be smaller or bigger

6. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Lol. Yea just get a Medium One. What type or Brand are you gettin may I ask?

7. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1746/proovgt9.jpg
    I'm doing that canvas with few edits.

But the question is, if I paint the black background at first, is it gonna efect the all other colors? Like would the lighter ones be darker? As you can see, i'm using some quite light colors and don't want to fuck it up.

8. letsgobombin

letsgobombin Senior Member

i'll probably get a 3m one, unless i find a good cheap one

9. iVIBE

iVIBE Senior Member

yea 3m is the shit, worth the money

10. Klaz

Klaz Elite Member

good to see somebody talking sense.

same goes with terms like "benching" a word used by freight writers which originated on the subways for obvious reasons.

11. shalf

shalf Senior Member

Spark
    Always start your colours with lightest first then do the darker colours last otherwise you WILL fuck it up and make it look a mess that's a general rule of any piece or artwork...Nice pic though, you take it?

12. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

I just picked up a 3m respirator.........it was $30.00 but it is well worth it! Respect the lungs!

I am just not sure as to how often I should be changing the filters.

13. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

Shalf thanks man, nah I didn't take the photo, it was sent for me as a request for a canvas.

I might get a company logo to paint. Anybody got any tips? I'll problably get the logo on the wall with projector, and then tape the needed spots, but all the letters of the logo aren't straigt, they have curves in it. And with tape the curves look real fucked up, any ideas how to not fuck it up? Thinking off cutting the tape on the curves carefully with exacto knife. It's better to prepare right than correct the mistakes, if fix one part with extra coat of paint, i'll have to go over the enitre logo, because the mistakse will be seen because it's gets some sunlight, and in the reflection you can see what parts are more and what are less covered.

14. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

every 3 or 4 uses... people say less, about 1 or 2 uses but thats not what i do.

15. shalf

shalf Senior Member

i hear that with proper use you should change the filters every 6 months or so with regular use and keep it in an airtight box to stop it wasting...filter...power

16. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

I keep mine in two ziplock bags because of how paranoid I am. The filters are expensive!

My question of the day: I ordered some caps on July 24th and got the email that they were being shipped on the same day. If you have ever ordered from here, how long did it take?

17. GaZm13

GaZm13 Elite Member

3-5 days for anything I have ordered from BS.

18. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

From bombingscience? Where to? What shipping option?

19. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Fliter Are like wieght cheep. But I got one at my Local Hardware Shop. For like 28. Bucks.

20. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

Regular shipping.........to the midwest.