Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Fuck yeah, although working beats being poor.

But then again going uni two and a half days a week, studying screenprinting kinda > being poor haha

2. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

I did screenprinting but at Tafe, then worked as a textile screenprinter for a company that produced Canterbury for Aust and Nz for long time.

3. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Oh yup, I fucking love it aye haha. Just printed out a bunch of slaps at school the otherday. Wanna get into textiles too, I find it heaps easier than working with paper/card and shit.

4. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

You use like semi-auto machines for card, stickers and and stuff man? or svecia style stuff? I did non-textile as my main training at tafe but ended up doing textile as a job, company also did sublimation printing where you print paper then press it into fabric, that shit's dope to get into, heaps interesting and you can make wicked shit.

5. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Nah man, we do all our shit manual. I just did a small assessment for sublimation, for a AFL team, fuck I live in NZ, no one plays AFL here haha, our lecturer is Australian.

I thought I knew a reasonable amount about screenprinting but had a chat with my lecturer the other day and realised we only touch on shit in our course, might do an apprenticeship next year.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  6. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

so apparently i've been ratted out..

now i've been re-reading that article on my rights that was posted on here a while back, and it says I shouldn't lie.. well I was wondering what I should say if I cop asks me if I did do the graffiti? The article says to slide the blame.. but how would I do that in this situation?

7. Chulo

Chulo Senior Member

say u were just "admiring the work done by a great artist", basically say u did it with out saying that you did it

8. glass

glass Senior Member

ok so i have some krylon gloss white spray spaint, but on the plywood i was practicing on (which isn't primed) the coverage was terrible and it wasn't opaque at all unless i added a lot on and got lots of drips. is there a better type of white paint besides moltow and montana or is it just the surface i painted on?

9. Omit

Omit New Member

so im just starting to write and i was just wondering if you guys like the name Omit. all i really need is a yes or no or you can ask why or stuff like yeah but... yeah.

10. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Surface most likely, wood is kinda pourous so it sucks up the paint.

11. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

O,M and T can all be tricky letters at times because of the space they fill, O is hard to do much with if you use a bar style to construct your letters because it's basically one bar. M is a very wide letter and generally takes up 1.5-2x the amount of space of most other letters which can make it tricky to balance and T is completely top heavy which can leave nagative space that looks out of place if you don't do something with it. That said all three letters can be rocked, I just wouldn't start with them personaly man, I'd go for an easier mesh of letters.

12. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

yea agrd,and i wouldn't pick the word coz of the meaning(to leave out),well the actual word is spelt with 2 t's

13. Omit

Omit New Member

yeah i was just trying to come up with a name that has a good sound to it while at the same time has a meaning to it. oh and thanks for the advice, its gonna help.

14. Omit

Omit New Member

sorry for the two posts in a row but how about Vice as a name?

15. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

Do some alphabets or just a heap of random letters and see which you like/can do best. Make random words out of them to see how they fit together with each other, try a lot of combos. No good having a nice sounding name if you can't write it decently, better off writing "jfsgh" or some shit if it works for you. Also if you want to think longterm maybe consider start and end letters that are possible to flow off of for extensions ..ie. some letters flow left like B and D etc (good starting letters) and some flow right like K and F etc (good ending letters).
    Once you chose a decent name for you, stick with it even if you start to think you don't like the letters anymore, don't change every 20 minutes like some cats do. Write other shit on the side if you want but work up a specific letter set as your primary word.

16. Omit

Omit New Member

yeah, the only reason why i changed right now is because of what you guys said, which keep in mind im thankful for not criticizing. but ive already been writing down the alphabet in block letters for a while (a few weeks now) and right now im trying to come up with a style for myself. after reading what you said i think that i could probably make the V bend/tilt the V to the left to make the flow go to the left. so i think im gonna continue to mess with the letters and stuff to try and get a style and flow that works, but thanks for the advice.

17. glass

glass Senior Member

18. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia Senior Member

Any one wanna do a nice handstyle for me? Can some one write RAPID for me? I can't get mine to flow that well yet.

19. molotow_15

molotow_15 Elite Member

do it yourself, build up
    :)

20. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia Senior Member

I've done it many times, i just can't get it to flow properly.