Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sneaking out to go tagging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skoj, Apr 19, 2021.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. skoj

skoj Member

i am under 18, so i live with my parents, but i wanna go bombing at like 4-5 am or maybe late at night, my parents would think its weird that im going out so early/late and my entrance door is pretty loud, any tips or advice would help : )

2. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

1 question. Are you buying your paint?

3. skoj

skoj Member

my older brother buys it for me cuz we have a deal, but i buy my own markers

4. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Go do it during you allowed time outside, no need to break your parents trust.

5. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

Exactly what he said.
    But don't bomb with bought paint. Honestly you should just be using those walmart elmers paint markers rn.

6. skoj

skoj Member

yes, but i live in the city, so its much more risky

7. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Every spot has a flow to it, different foot/car traffic, get to know it before doing something that seems risky.

Don't paint in areas you are not familiar with.
    Gangs might own a spot or deal somewhere that looks normal. Painting there could draw attention to them and you at the same time so avoid that.

As a rule, avoid 6am to 9:30am, 11 am till 1pm, and 4pm to 6:30 pm. That's when most people get in or out of work. The more people see you paint, the quicker you have to bounce. Most will walk by, but some will feel like it's their job to arrest/fuck with you.

Dress like a normal person, if you look like someone who's out to destroy, people will notice you. Don't where flashy clothes, or new clothes for that matter, wear gloves, keep your nice sneakers at home.

Go out with a plan, don't bring all you paint/markers, if you get caught they will take your shit. Don't leave trash where you paint. Take your empties with you and toss them in the trash somewhere else.

8. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

You gotta find someone who already bombs because a city is far too unpredictable. You need a real seasoned mentor that you can trust. Not some toy that calls himself king from your school.

If you dont mind me asking, what city are we talking?

9. skoj

skoj Member

new york city, in manhattan

10. skoj

skoj Member

thx man

11. Novel_808

Novel_808 Senior Member

I've got no advice for you lmao. I thought it was gonna be some smaller city, not fkn NYC. Good Luck

12. skoj

skoj Member

aight thx for talking and the tips :)

13. hohmtwo

hohmtwo New Member

aye man - curious as to what advice you'd give to find what you mentioned before in a smaller area - not tiny, but out VA

14. SINE2

SINE2 Member

I live in a small ass neighbourhood so i make sure to tag in nearby neighbourhoods an shit so my parents dont see (just in case they saw my bbook) if u kno what i mean

15. Classic

Classic Senior Member

If I lived in a small rural town, I wouldnt be worried about tag banging. Whats the point of ruining some old mans corner store? You arent going to get props for that.

Id find a chill bridge or tunnel and just practice painting 24/7, practice the straight letters, practice the style, dealing with flooding cans and drips and all that shit that just takes time and experience.

When you hit 18 or so you can move to a city and start crushing. If you have style, youll meet the right people pretty quickly.

16. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

If I may. I agree with Novel_808 in regards to Skoj. You live in NYC, there are plenty of heads there that will notice you got some skill and talent. If not, then practice until you do.

And I agree with what Classic said. Find a spot and hit it.

But, if I can give some advice as an older head. Do some research. Look up your town, city, or whatever it is. Find out about the local cops. With the internet you can find out how many cops are in the department. For example, where I live there are about 300 sworn. Half of that are desk jockeys. Detectives, admin, command staff, special units, etc. My city is broken up into three zones, and each zone has four teams. So taking the remaining 150 cops, break them up into the three zones and you got about fifty in each. Since you have a day shift and a night shift with alternating units, that leaves just about ten per zone per shift. And you can figure half that are shift commanders, traffic detail, and transportation. So you might have five or six mobile cops rolling around. 90% of the time these cops are running call to call or trying to keep a low profile. If you are out bombing, blend in, try to look inconspicuous, if you don't look suspect a cop isn't going to waste time hassling you.

And if and when you get popped. Say nothing and admit nothing. Never carry your blackbook with you. If you got your phone, a cop can't look at it without a search warrant. The US Supreme Court says they can't. Know your rights. Be safe.

17. mekoosa

mekoosa New Member

Engaging in activities like graffiti or "bombing" can have legal consequences and may not be socially accepted. It's crucial to consider the potential impact on public spaces, private property, and the community as a whole.

If you're passionate about art, there are alternative avenues to express your creativity. You can explore legal graffiti walls, street art festivals, or even connect with local art communities where you can showcase your skills in a positive and supported environment.