Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Step Bi Step

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by CHILLEN905, Dec 29, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ZIK_ONER

ZIK_ONER Senior Member

School. Walmart. Is it that hard?

2. Sicotik13

Sicotik13 Senior Member

so ive never tried a homemade marker but ive always wondered do most act pretty much the same as a real one?

3. NOKi

NOKi Member

similer except unles you have a way to seal it completly it'll leak all in your pokets also it's a soft felt nib as opposed to most markers (chisel tips) which have hard felt nibs the soft just flows on shit better.

4. -tang-

-tang- Senior Member

5. karecard

karecard Senior Member

ripper drippers are awesome

6. biffcreature

biffcreature Senior Member

I wonder if I can inflate and pressurize this shit:
    aimages.lowes.com_product_converted_014045_014045101820lg.jpg

Because, unscrewing them doesn't let the pressure out. Theres a valve that is part of the can, basically when you screw the tip on it stabs through the valve.

I'd just need to find a way to get paint in it... And finish off the propane in it, of course...

7. biffcreature

I'm always stoned. I'm always taking things apart and building them into something else...

8. must.bomb.chicago

must.bomb.chicago Member

more or less, sometimes homemade markers are better then factory shit. other times, you have personal error &/or just doesnt work. kinda depends on what you wana get out of it

9. DOKASCSK

DOKASCSK New Member

i recently made a mop from a tube of benadril or whatever it's called, but it works well on metal and other non absorbent surfaces.

10. NOKi

NOKi Member

I've made many mops/markers an I agree as long as you got a good mix in it an it writes smooth crush the shit outta shit.

11. biffcreature

These tips can be used as a step by step whatever order you read them in:
    I've done a lot of experimenting lately and I think I have some valuable info.

-Its hard to get homemade paint to flow through markers. Oil paint and thinner will NOT work very well at all. Also, bucket (latex) paint and water will flow I think but wont have enough opacity because it doesn't have enough pigment.

-TO MAKE GOOD MARKER PAINT, YOU NEED A THIRD INGREDIENT: THE PIGMENT WHICH ADDS COLOR AND OPACITY WHILE MAINTAINING A THIN CONSISTENCY

-Graffiti marker paint is NOT generally oil base! Its alcohol base or water based acrylic. It says somewhere on the these forums, paint is easy to buff, this is generally true even with oil base. If you want hard to buff stuff you usually need ink.

-There is no point in trying to make oil base marker paint. Its not harder to buff. It wont flow through your marker. If you want hard to buff paint, you have to buy or make some alcohol base, or find a way to combine ink and paint.

-QUICK RECIPE: (stolen from here) take 2/3 bucket paint (acrylic latex) 1/3 water, add some ACRYLIC POLYMER EMULSION. This is the stuff in the little tubes which is thick as fuck and will make your paint OPAQUE as FUCK while maintaining the thinness required to flow through markers. Feel free to add LEATHER DYE for some staining capability (I've heard of this being done).
    Put the BBs from your marker in it and shake it until your arm hurts.

-MY TIP IF YOU'RE GOING TO TRY OIL BASE MARKER PAINT: Do the same thing as above, but instead of bucket paint use Rusto oil base, instead of water use GASOLINE, then instead of the polymer emulsion use the pro quality art oil paint that also comes in the little tubes. Like I said, not much point in it, unless you somehow get it opaque enough and get it to stain with some leather dye, still it might not flow through your marker!

-MOPS ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. ALMOST ANYTHING WILL FLOW (AND DRIP) THROUGH A MOP. So all of you who say, I made some oil base with some lighter fluid and brake fluid and it flows through my marker blah blah blah thats cause its a mop not a marker.

-PAINT MARKERS are NOT for drips UNLESS you put ink in them OR some of the super thin alcohol base paint (OTR paint, I think, ALSO sharpie oil base paint markers, and UNI xylene based might work but NOT in a plastic marker!!!). Mops are way better for drips.

-Just to clear it up, a PAINT MARKER has a VALVE and generally CANNOT be squeezed. A MOP has a free flow NIB and CAN be squeezed. 2 very different tools.

-Sharpie POSTER PAINT are REFILLABLE. The X-BOLD are 17mm markers. They are basically the same as IRONLAK, OTR, MARKWELL ETC. but CHEAPER. Check out the sharpie poster paint filled with IRONLAK HERE

-Generic paint markers from china are also refillable and are the CHEAPEST SHIT OUT THERE:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Motorcy...Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fb7a3abb&vxp=mtr
    I have one of these filled with ink with a rusto chisel tip on it, and its DOPE (thats right, the tips from rusto, testors etc little paint markers works on these)
    I have to mention that these are filled with oil base paint, which is actually good paint, but it makes them hard to refill. Also the tips are not so good for the paint that they come with, I think they'd be fine for ink though.

Feel free to move this post to the markers thread or the homemade ink/paint thread if you think its appropriate.

12. no-sleep

no-sleep Senior Member

you dont add leather dye to a paint mix, its like mixing oil and vinegar

13. biffcreature

Yeah, I haven't tried that one, someone else said they did it.

14. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

i found a mopidick in my house (search mopidick on google), its a chinese cream/lotion that you apply to your skin on mosquito bites and things like that, its a bottle with a really nice nib

so first, you pop out the nib
    then, throw out all the liquid, wash the nib and the bottle
    cover with electric tape
    put in a mixer
    add the ink or paint you want
    put nib back on
    try it

*not squeezable
    *i guess you can get it in china street

here are some images of how it looks like, took them from google images

mopidick.png
    mopidick2.png
    mopidick3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  15. MrTrane18(NOCK)

MrTrane18(NOCK) Member

Thanks for the shoe cleaning botlle tip
    :)

16. slerk

slerk New Member

bump[/QUOTE]

hahahahah!!!!

17. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

18. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

19. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSmYOgebt6E

this is a how to on making a sket cap adapter, at the end he says only fits ny fats, ny skinny, stock ect... but if the cap is the other type like a hood you might be able to cut the wings then sand down to make fit, but i haven't tried it yet.

20. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member

IMG_20130416_215004.jpg a drwing i did to elaborate more...