Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sticker tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PRIMEape, Sep 10, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Cronanberg

Cronanberg Member

I use printer sticker paper and either print some black and white stickers I made then scanned or use pastels for anything with color. Then I spray on some mtn 94 varnish, cut them out with a box cutter and I'm done

2. Ofey

Ofey Member

Markal makes totally weatherproof UV resistant ink. Try the dura ink 5. You can even get free samples on their site. Never runs or fades.

3. Jonathan Seah

Jonathan Seah Member

4. _ABIDE_

_ABIDE_ New Member

Try eggshell stickers. they're next to impossible to peel and don't fade as bad as postal labels

5. _ABIDE_

_ABIDE_ New Member

eggshell stickers are the answer to all of your problems. they're next to impossible to peel and they don't fade as much as postal labels

6. Varya

Varya Member

I just laserprint my design like 9 times onto an a4 sized sticker paper, and then cut them out (I usually print 10 pages at a time in school, where they have this huge color laser printer). I don't clear-coat them, seeing as it isn't ink-jet, and I only print onto paper material (because I can't find vinyl in my area).
    The stickers I put up can stay up for as long as 6 months, if no one touches them. Which they usually don't if you place them on spots where people don't have the
    time to hang around. Like poles of traffic lights, road signs, or rain pipes. When people try to peel them off it leaves tons of adhesive residue, which is nice.
    I'm thinking of buying my own color laserprinter, but the thing costs 375 euros with the toners included, so yeah...

7. HexxInkworks

HexxInkworks Senior Member

yo same i live in england and get free stickers but i want some usps cos they look clean as fuck

8. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

Im having trouble, can anyone help me figure out a good way to practice tongues for my charachters

9. HexxInkworks

just google cartoon tongues character tongues etc

10. Wastelandwolves

Wastelandwolves Senior Member

It seems weird to draw a whole paage of tongues

11. E35

E35 Member

1. Look around for good sticker material. I use warehouse bin labels. They are durable and very rackable.
    2. Before you slap use a perminate any marker to add something extra. Place your sticker over your surprise. When the stickers buffed they will have market to clean up.
    3. If the sticker is buffed but some of the white paper is left exposed than write on that.
    E35wd

12. E35

E35 Member

And that is exactly what would help me. Hate fumbleing with stickers when I am time crunched.
    E

13. MantidBro

MantidBro Member

I put clear boxing tape over my stickers to keep them from ripping and to make them last longer. I use USPS priority mail stickers. The words on the stickers can get annoying. But if you have paint markers, it'll cover the words up perfectly. Shit my guru taught me.

14. Kuda Graffiti

Kuda Graffiti New Member

Wassup guys I'm a newer artist and want to trade stickers but my character is crap any tips?

15. HexxInkworks

instead of putting ape over mine i use these clear plastic enolpe things from royal mail, i stick them on using a ruler as a squeegee to make sure its nice and flat with no bubbles, adn then cut off all the excess shit i dont need, they work great, the only reason why the sticker gets weathered is cos of what ive stuck the sticker on to getting wet, condensating, etc, as that side of the sticker is obvs not prtected

16. quickiehand

quickiehand Senior Member

You guys ever received any USPs?

17. #ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez

#ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez Member

practice practice practice! My characters use to be shit but after doodling all the time I finally am able to make some pretty good characters ( in my opinion hahhahaha)

18. #ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez

office max & office depot sell blank sticker labels in all kinds of sizes that you can snatch up to make stickers so you don't have to worry about covering up the usps none sense hahhahaha

19. #ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez

practice practice practice! My characters use to be shit but after doodling all the time I finally am able to make some pretty good characters ( in my opinion hahhahaha)

20. #ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez

office max & office depot sell blank sticker labels in all kinds of sizes that you can snatch up to make stickers so you don't have to worry about covering up the usps none sense hahhahaha