Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sticker tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PRIMEape, Sep 10, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Bittah Contender

Bittah Contender New Member

newbie to stickers but been drawing for awhile now, i got a inkjet printer after months of saving since i do mostly digital art i figure i can just print a fuck load of sheets laminate a side and cute them out and get a nice stock. but im having issues finding some decent brands of paper/lamination/weathering-resisting methods. my first batch of stickers all died after a couple days in the rain im pretty sure it was just the wrong paper. any recommendations?

2. grubhubbie6969

grubhubbie6969 New Member

Anyone have any tips for getting a lot of smaller stickers applied quickly and covertly?

3. BombingWriter12

BombingWriter12 Elite Member

uhmm post them slap them on stuff

4. riot777

riot777 New Member

5. John Lawrence

John Lawrence Member

Can copic markers last on outdoor slaps, I am mainly a paper and pen type artist and already have a wide array of colors. Just wondering for making stickers since I already have those.

6. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

no itll fade out eventually but u can try clear coating it to help

7. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

If you put them in side the news paper holders . (Where they put the paper of the day) it will fade slower as well

8. John Lawrence

John Lawrence Member

Ok thanks, that said does anyone have a favorite marker(s) for using on slaps that last long.

9. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

oil based paint markers

10. John Lawrence

John Lawrence Member

brands? I’ve heard decos are good for the price, but also ppl say molotows are worth the extra buck.

11. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

well ive only tried decos ,sharpies, uni paints and pilots and these are all good paints

12. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

The elmers fade too but you'll get 6- 12 months before they do

13. Syko.gimly

Syko.gimly New Member

hello anyone that actually sees this im trying to find some stickers and ink/paints that work on them any tips any tips or tricks will be appreciated

14. BombingWriter12

BombingWriter12 Elite Member

paint markers or just prismacolors or sharpies will work they are just like paper usually.IDK how to laminate them though i cant find what i need anyway to laminate my slaps.If i can find the shit i need i will though cus it gets tiresme putting up stickers and it raining in a couple of days and fucken them all 1up.

15. gumspit

gumspit Member

Could always just coat them with clear coat and then put some see through tape over the top of them?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  16. Banok

Banok Senior Member

all i do is buy a bunch of single sized labels, then i take a sheet of parchment paper, i layer each label slightly on top of each other and i can make a sticker any size i want, do my drawing, then i take packing tape and run a couple strips over the picture, then i cut it out and leave a small lip on the side to peel it quickly

bk.jpg

17. gumspit

gumspit Member

Laminate the stickers using clear packaging tape