Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Streaks

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zhero, May 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TheTuan

TheTuan Member

werd just angle it or just rack a new one thats it

2. Crise

Crise Member

are they hard to buff etc ? do they like stay up fo long time n shizz ?

i'm thinkin' of getting one. dunno what colour but yea

3. myl

myl Elite Member

they do

4. slEEt

slEEt Elite Member

I gotta get some of these ASAP.

5. cky2521

cky2521 Senior Member

yea i just got a couple of streaks and they are the shit. istarted cuthing mine to mix colors. they come out clean when they are mixed.

6. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

they do [/b][/quote]
    pics or link?

7. myl

myl Elite Member

heres my collection of streaks/markers...notice the silver one, also gold. these ones are the artist kind so theyre just a little smaller than the industrial ones...
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v196_denialchild8698_IMG_0119.jpg

and heres the industrial one...
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.laco.com/images/products/o_10_paintstk_mkr.jpg

btw both of those ones are made by markal

8. clone20

clone20 Senior Member

streaks are the shit ;)

9. COMA1

COMA1 Member

the way to make dope multi color streakers is as follows

you can use as many colors in 1 streaker as you want

say you have a pink streaker and a orange one take the stick out of each and cut them both in half then you will have 4 sticks take 1 pink and 1 orange and stick them together do the same wit the others then put the combined paint sticks back in each casing poof go hit shit up

10. Sager

Sager Member

hey oasis, fill me in more about the oil pastel homemade streaker, im interested, i have a huge fuckin set of em , so yeah itd be coo if u could pm me or sumthin,

thanks

11. contraband

contraband Senior Member

streaks will last forever if you get good spots that wont get buffed they dont really fade except some of the fluoresent ones, but i have ups that have been buffed and are still pretty much intact but it depends on how hard the buffer trys.

12. Wilt

Wilt Senior Member

I have a few markal ones but they can be buffed easy enough they just wreck the wall they were on

13. jonowev

jonowev Senior Member

any helpful UK writers know where to buy these things in england? stationary shops or what?!?

14. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

I may not be oasis but it looks pretty simple, melt down oil pastels in a tin can or something, then I would add some oil based paint the same colour just to make it a bit more permanint, then pour into a glue stick, let it sit over night and theres a nice streak that can be any colour you want..

15. Sager

Sager Member

thanks man, i think ima do a multi layer one, seeing as how one pastel wont fill the whole glue stick, so after a while ill have a fresh new collor

16. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

anyone seen these characters guys doing w/ paintsticks? its like an oil painting character but instead streakers are used. i gotta say who ever did that has got some def skill w/ the streaks.

17. ILL

ILL Elite Member

does anyone know if oil pastels will work on something that has frost on it? or will its just sit on the frost then come off when the frost goes? like i guess it might just kinda push the frost around

18. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

ha i dont know man, back in the day Julia Tuttle sent Henry Flagler an orange blossom with no frost when the entire north was frozen.

Then he build Floridas Freight Train line =D

19. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Pertaining to the aforementioned ink in the meanstreak "secret". Would that work with sakura's? If not, is there a way to make a two toned sak?

20. PHUNK

PHUNK New Member

ya a great place if u live in la is to go to grooveriders or maintain but at maintain they cost more and one question when u jackin the streaks from michaels if they have those alarm things when u wxit the store can u just put that shit in ur pocket and bounce or what cause they got these new detectors at my michaels.