Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msfyt, May 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. a_slave_to_creation

a_slave_to_creation Senior Member

^been there, and i feel you dude. the world fucks you every day HARD and nothing anybody says can change that. and this may come out wrong but deal with it. everyone just has to accept that the world is a cold ass place, so put on your gloves and go to work. the snow is thick and you have to look hard to find the sun, but being cold is better than being nothing at all. ans the sooner you figure out that no matter when, where, or how you wake up..... life is gunna blow 90% of the time, but its the 10% thats good (or atleast okay) that keeps you moving. never lose sight of your dreams, pick up your feet and never lay down to die.

sometimes you have to lose everything before you find your something.

2. G-Fat

G-Fat Elite Member

yeah man, i've given up multiple times, but haven't considered suicide as a way out... but when you have people around you who care, its makes life worth living. eventhough you may get fucked over alot and knocked down, family and or friend will be there to pick yuo up again.

3. MAST

MAST Elite Member

my friend's boyfriend broke up with her about a year ago, and while she had her best friend over, who tried to talk her through everything and shit, she went into the bathroom, locked herself in, and cut her wrists. i think her friend got the hint of what was going on, so she told the girl's parents, and somehow, they got her out and to the hospital, and she lived. she seems like a completely different person now. before that, you could tell some thoughts like that crossed her mind, but no one knew it was that serious. she had a couple really close friends at the time, but none of them could do anything for her. in the end, i guess it does all depend on you. no one else can go into your mind and rewire it and make you fine.

when i was going through the really depressed phase, some of those thoughts crossed my mind, and i did what i would not suggest to a single person going through depression, which is using any kind of drug as a crutch. that was the point that i started smoking a lotttt of weed, but surprisingly, it helped everything pass over, and i realized that my life is definitely worth living, no matter how much shit was going on then. and a little later, i realized that listening to depressing music will not help a bit. except for maybe seeing that other people go through the same problems as you, but still, listening to more upbeat music will eventually help you feel a little better, it could be gradual, but it usually still helps.

4. sInk.dIs.

sInk.dIs. Member

ill.

5. GEE-DOT-ONE

GEE-DOT-ONE Senior Member

both me and my twin have tryed to od on pills around the same time and never told the other for like 4 months
    the way i see it is theres a reason god didnt want eather of the 2 of us to die at that point in time.
    as rough as life gets someones there for you... were all writers here weve prolly seen it worse than most people just becuase we are involved with something illegal....
    all i can say is to find things to live for.. not just 1 thing... more like an asslaod of things...
    suicide is basicly having more problems than ways to cope with them... need to change how that weighs out eather by getting rid of problems or adding more coping meathods...

and as much as i like to be a dick sometimes ill be serious and talk to anyone who needs help.

6. beltonuk

beltonuk Banned

so why should people continue to live in a world that they hate? a world where even your closest friends will stab you in the back if they know they can gain from it, maybe not for a long time but they will at some point this world is run on lies deceit and deception and no matter what happens it'll only get worse. why should we have to live in a world where your a slave? maybe not in the conventional sense like the black slaves back in the day picking cotton or anythin but we are all still slaves the the governments of the world
    like some1 said lifes shit 90% of the time so tell me what the fucks the point in livin a shitty life for that little 10% of happiness or whatever it just means your gonna feel like shit for the vast majority of your life so why live life to feel shit?
    whats the point?

7. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

why because its not always going to be like that
    sure being a teenager or even in your early 20's is hard
    but as you and your friends get older, you learn what in your life is creating that 90% "shit" and you eliminate it from your life
    you get to know yourself better and keep the friends that you know ill never back stab you
    sure when were young we have to listen to people we donest respect and work at jobs that are shitty, but its not always going to be like that
    unless of course you dont work to improve yourself
    so when we are young we arent given the same choices as we are when we "grow up", we are forced to put up with bullshit at a young age because elders think well learn from it and thats how the real world is
    but its not, you dont need to accpet soicetys outlook and rules to be happy
    little do they realize that sometimes they are too rough on us
    or cant see the warnings signs until its too late

anyways my point is if you think life is 90% shit, what are you doing to make your life better
    its your life, you have the option to change it
    maybe not everything right now, but when you get older there are so many oppurtunities to do so
    so thats why you should give it a chance, cause you never know what the future holds

8. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

how do they know its going to be ok?
    because theyve been there, i bet a good 80% of us have thought about killing ourselves
    these thoughts everyone has are normal, and it will be ok if you choose to face your problems
    of course it wont get better if you choose to dwell in your own self pity or depression, but im not going to pretend thats not easy
    there are so many tiggers out there that sure each one of are triggered by different reasons, but the feelings that make us want to die are all the same.....feelings of being alone, sad, empty, regeretful, ashamed, angry....
    so being nick picky about the reason isnt important, sure they dont understand why you feel hurt but they know what it like to feel hurt, everyone does
    you get what im saying, feelings dont differ but the triggers to our feelings do

as for thinking talking about your feelings is useless
    i guess that your personal opinion
    but isnt it always good to get a second opinion on something thats so important, like your life?
    sure it wont change the world but why are you trying to change the world when you should working on small things like yourself
    and if your friends dont care about your feelings at the end of the day i suggest you get new friends

9. i write

i write Senior Member

Im pretty sure everyone here's been depressed. for me when i was depressed, and i mean depressed, i didnt get out of bed and i constantly felt ill and lethargic, but then i went for a ride one day and i looked around and realised how nice the things in life that we take for granted are and no matter how "bad" i thought things were, there were people doing it touher than me and they had the sack to pull through. now i know how to cope with being down and i know that theres no reason bad enough to end it. theres a quote i heard " when life throws up roadblocks at you, just know that you can drive straight through them." it helps me see things more rationally.

oh and the last line of msfyts first post^^^^^^^, thats where its at. you never know you might end up being good at graff in the future, so stick with it champs.

10. Flash

Flash Senior Member

I dont get it.

so many people beef on this forum. tere isnt a point of having a freind online.

whack.

but amazing thread, this is the thread to come too if you got some messed up feelin's

thnks msfyt

11. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

life isn't great...don't try to make it great...live it as it comes and you'll experience lows and highs.......
    the mind can be like a little animal that you have to control.

it's relatively easy to talk about how we feel and the theory about not killing yourself...

but some practical things that might help:

REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU FEEL:
    exercise, be active, go out, spend time in the sun, eat healthy, don't do drugs or drink alcohol exessively, don't smoke, don't spend so much time in the computer, meditate, get a regular sleeping schedule, eat fruits and vegetables, limit caffeine...etc. etc.

find a goal in life...imagine yourself in your funeral...what kind of person do you want people to remember you as?...use that as a goal in life and shape your life today so you'll eventually get there and let go of grudges, etc...

Ive gone to counceling and gone through a lot of shit in my life...like many people here...and many times we feel alone..I actually feel alone as I type this but I have hope...
    peace, nice thread.

12. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

live every day like its ur last....i just had a dream my mom was gonna die in 6 years.... thats shits sad....

siuside is gay and emo

13. Fore!

Fore! Member

Msfyt great thread.

I've been down that path a few times and been in many different counsellor and psychiatrists chairs. Thankfully there is help. There is an out sometimes. You just have to realize to live your life for yourself and pretty much do what makes you happy. If you want to paint. Paint. If you want to sing. Sing. As it was stated earlier in the thread. You only have one chance. Make it count. And make it last.

peace

14. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

hmmm ever think what youre saying is contridiciting

ever think that there is nothing wrong with being gay or emo
    how two lines earlier how you say you think death is sad
    but yet dont have hard time putting people down

15. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

very important being happy doesnt mean being a smiling flowery hippy
    you can still be happy being you
    you dont need to love everyone to be happy
    you dont need to wear bright colors and smile all the time to be happy
    being happy is a subjective term
    if you are happy being miserable then there is no reason to change your life outlook
    if you are miserable being miserable then you need to re-examine things

16. ILuvHoodRats

ILuvHoodRats Senior Member

damn since ive got arrested i got madd problems with my family and shit , i always thought of suicidethen my mom sent me to the psychologist and shit i still think of it but at least im feeling better , way better

17. [phenom5]

[phenom5] Senior Member

I realise that alotta writers are/will/have experienced bouts of depression or dealt with suicidal issues at one point or another. I think it's cuz were those kids that think too much. Our minds are all over the place, I bet everyone here knew that they were different growin up. That one original kid that was all obsessed with art, and blessed with the talent. In my mind that's our strength. Anyway I'm rambling cuz im all baked and into the discussion but kids need to realise they're never alone.
    When you get into that mindset yea it's real hard to pull yourself out you just think "there's no way i can spend the rest of my life like this" You goootta talk about it, it's so important to get it out there no matter who it is. Alotta the time it's hard to say that to your parents or friends or somethin cuz you don't want them thinkin your fucked up but believe me after you tell someone then instead of thinkin "i need to get it out there" you start thinking of ways to help yourself get through it.
    Life changing things are probly the best thing for you. Shit like how you eat, exercise, who you chill with, where you live it all has to do with you.
    And if you ever suspect anybody you know of bein depressed or if you think they're hurtin themselves don't hesitate to try and help them, it's your responsibility as much as theirs. It's alot easier for someone if they're asked about it, cuz then they know exactly who they can tell and who will understand.

18. MooMooTheMoose

MooMooTheMoose Senior Member

Amazing thread.
    Some people may not see this, or are not affected by it, but a lot of times health can lead to serious depression. Paint can really mess with your insides over time, and when you get sick you probably sleep a lot, right? Well sleeping and then outcasting (unintentionally) from your life can lead to deeper depression, and it's like an ongoing cycle.
    I'm not saying this applies to EVERYONE, but some people can really let it get out of hand and not notice it, and I've seen it a lot, with writers, and "regular" people.

Also the stress we are put under trying to balance a normal lifestyle, and those writers that are up everywhere having to keep on the low and keeping even their friends from knowing what they do every night. I talk to 2 other people about writing, and they also write, and I trust them. I think that when people are trying to keep two VERY different lives seperate is difficult for people.

And a lot of beef can get to people. I know that probably sounds lame as shit, but some people take it straight to heart. I personally am not really affected by this because I can keep stuff from getting to me to much, and getting in my head. I think we all should be more respectful and whatnot, and even though "OMG INTERNET" we're all really doing the same thing, and just about everyone here (I'm assuming that's why you're on this site. Because you love writing) is under mostly the same situation.

Just talk to people, express how you feel. You don't need a damn shrink to help you through it. Just let your closest friends know how you're doing. Sure some people may think you're a pussy, but if they're real friends, I'd hope they're comforting and care about your sanity. Or if you don't think you have anyone to turn to call those numbers msfyt posted.

My girlfriend hates that I write, so I've slowed down some, but I can't just stop. And it sucks having to lie to her. She may live in Jersey, and with me living in Virginia, the distance really gets between us, but she's basically the only thing keeping me sane.

Sorry about writing the novel.
    Keep on chuggin'

19. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

First off, I'd like to say I appreciate this thread a lot. Thank you Msfyt, everything you've said is true. Enough to the point where I have little to add to it. That having been said, the saddest part is that hard as we may try, those who are despairing are the only ones who can help themselves. As much as I know we all would do anything to save those we love from feeling such pain and eventually meeting such a fate, we can only tell them how to get out of the hole they are in. When it comes down to it, they themselves are the ones who have to follow through. It's frustrating, and it doesn't always end fair, but that's the way it is.

All I want to say is this: Even the deepest of despair leaves us with one thing at the end...The knowledge to get out of it.

Thanks again, Msfyt. Much respect.

Shamee...Take your poor-tasted jokes somewhere appropriate. This isn't the place.

20. Fore!

Fore! Member

very important being happy doesnt mean being a smiling flowery hippy
    you can still be happy being you
    you dont need to love everyone to be happy
    you dont need to wear bright colors and smile all the time to be happy
    being happy is a subjective term
    if you are happy being miserable then there is no reason to change your life outlook
    if you are miserable being miserable then you need to re-examine things [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. You need to be happy for you. And that's it. I like the way you look at things.