Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

the things that make a tag good are the same things that make any other form of graffiti good. style and skill. you obviously arent going to have them starting off and none of us expect you to. all you can do to get better is practice, practice, and the practice more. if you're just starting off the best thing to do is to start with simple letters, with no connections or addons, just as if you were writing your name on a peice of paper. as you get better control of your hand your letters will start to evolve and get better. it just takes time...so start practicing.

and also i wasnt making fun of you for your skill level before...i was making fun of you for choosing the name "echo" to write. that is a big no no considering echo is one of the main reasons there are so many young kids flooding the graffiti scene and making a mokery out of it. you need to think of your own name that is original and unique. they way i got my name was i took a few letters from my real name and made them into a word. anyways good luck with progressing you letters and remember to stay doing simple letters in whatever form of graffiti you're doing whether it be handstyles, throwies, piecing, or characters.

2. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

3. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

Another way to create a good tag name is to Start writing an alphabet of handstyles. Then figure out which letters you like the best. Then try making a word out of those letters then flows nice. Example, I liked letters S, Z, Y, O, W, N, L, Y, W, B & E and I came up with YOWZ. Its a unique word so not many people would have it so I rolled with it. The main thing is BE UNIQUE!

4. cant.die.alive

cant.die.alive Banned

please, please, if only for your own sake, never say "tag name" again.

but thats good advice.

5. cant.die.alive

cant.die.alive Banned

the things that make a tag good are the same things that make any other form of graffiti good. style and skill. you obviously arent going to have them starting off and none of us expect you to. all you can do to get better is practice, practice, and the practice more. if you're just starting off the best thing to do is to start with simple letters, with no connections or addons, just as if you were writing your name on a peice of paper. as you get better control of your hand your letters will start to evolve and get better. it just takes time...so start practicing.

and also i wasnt making fun of you for your skill level before...i was making fun of you for choosing the name "echo" to write. that is a big no no considering echo is one of the main reasons there are so many young kids flooding the graffiti scene and making a mokery out of it. you need to think of your own name that is original and unique. they way i got my name was i took a few letters from my real name and made them into a word. anyways good luck with progressing you letters and remember to stay doing simple letters in whatever form of graffiti you're doing whether it be handstyles, throwies, piecing, or characters. [/b][/quote]
    when your starting out, if your serious about it, research! research research. ive probably been to every single page under google search "graffiti" "graffiti history" and all that shit from when i started. learn.

then start to look at pictures. soon it gets addicting. i probably see at least 500 a day. i mean, i dont intently look at them, but i glance at at least 500. check 12oz.com. i mean fuck, i cant stop. soon youll start to recognize whats good and whats not.

6. kosher

kosher Senior Member

got really high and drunk and got inspired to work on my shit. colours looked better before scan, was done in blue highliter with orange or pink highliter shadows. please let me know what you think, give me your crits.

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x293_kosheruno_scan0011.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x293_kosheruno_scan0010.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x293_kosheruno_scan0009.jpg

7. bbuba

bbuba Senior Member

dude u shoulda circled the fueltv thing on the bottom right

8. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

Trueza that son. What the fuck was I thinking??

9. 7thIncision

7thIncision Senior Member

I've heard some people call it a logo before, actual writers too... so dont worry about it too much. :lol:
    Just keep to saying tag from now on... lmao.

10. 5yn

5yn Senior Member

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f124_5yn_Img_2081.jpg
    sum old shit

kosher? asin the jewish food or sumthing?

11. dim

dim Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9154/img0161nh9.jpg
    first flair ever
    5yn- i like the connection between the m and the e
    kosher- some of those are sick but some you need to lose some add ons
    cama- ill
    roolete- im not feelin the m on there but the rest of letters are good

12. trashhh

trashhh Elite Member

13. cant.die.alive

cant.die.alive Banned

thats my favorite thing ive ever seen from u. pieces included. ive never really liked your style, sorry, nothing personal. the T is looking a little like an I tho cuz that R bottom left extension

14. trashhh

trashhh Elite Member

nah mate i think that 'R extension' is called an underline

15. cant.die.alive

cant.die.alive Banned

16. ESKE one

ESKE one Senior Member

dim i fucks with those flairs.. wat caps fat or pinks?

17. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

18. CESP.one

CESP.one Senior Member

19. dibz

dibz Senior Member

dim- that flair is sick, especially with for your first time.

trash- perfect

rayseone- i think the middle one on the first page is the best, in my opinion atleast

cesp- try putting your letters closer together an take that line out from the p

[Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/muffybuns88/bomb-1.jpg

20. dankstar

dankstar Member

CESP1 - sorry bro but thats shitty, practice a bit more...
    dibz - i like the bottom part of the tag, the stars gotta go though..
    rayse - i like the tag overall, but the only thing i don't like is the little thingy on the a...
    trashh - sick
    thinking about a name change... whatcha think??
    ai162.photobucket.com_albums_t277_daymonm_mday.jpg