Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tattoo ink for tags

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by valak69, Jul 16, 2021.

Share This Page

1. valak69

valak69 New Member

Have a bunch of tattoo ink laying around, possible to use something like this in a marker/mop? What would i mix it with to make it dry faster and whats different about it compared to ink you'd find in a marker. Thanks in advance

2. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Most tattoo inks are around 10$ an oz. Unless it's outdated, I wouldn't use that to tag shit lol, huge waste of money. If you have a decent amount, you can sell it to a beginner and buy yourself some real ink or paint for your markers/mops.

3. valak69

valak69 New Member

Didnt think about that. It was basically free and theres alot of it. Some are dried up i guess from caps left open and others are untouched. Thanks.

4. SumYungGai

SumYungGai Elite Member

If it's uncut black ink then depending on the brand it might be good for tagging, Dynamic Black a popular tattoo ink is some of the strongest color fast pigment you can get and would probably be excellent for tagging but kind of expensive. There are probably some people who still tattoo with Pelikan Drawing ink.. it's good for shading.

Colored ink might tend to have some proprietary ingredients like gylcerin or witch Hazel added to it.

dynamic-black-8oz-professional.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  5. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

As I'm seeing that bottle of dynamic ink, if you bought your ink on Amazon or eBay it's probably fake Chinese version so yeah go ahead and use that, mix it up