Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. innerbleeding

innerbleeding Senior Member

what paint/ink shuld i put in a bingo marker for visibile tags on ANY coloured surface.
    black, white, dark, light, etc. would krink silver do it? just any ink that i can buy to refill.

2. Olick

Olick Elite Member

get herpies "from rogue" and die

silver is best coverage compared to ANY COLOR

3. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

The olick has spoken.

<3

4. Tiros1

Tiros1 Senior Member

did you see any frost in the bottle?

it always happens when i put hard liquor in the fridge and i assumed the frost was water (and syrup if it was flavored)

5. innerbleeding

so silver will be high visible on a WHITE BACKGROUND???

6. Olick

Olick Elite Member

is that SARCASM?!?!!?

do not question my ways.

silver - thinnest color. best opaqueness = good.

7. innerbleeding

i'll question all i want.
    so
    on a WHITE BACKGROUND.
    or a CREAM background, rather.
    a silver krink tag.. will be more obvious than a black marker tag? at night AND day?
    also you CAN buy silver krink refills YES? because u cant buy refills for any other krink colour.

8. Olick

Olick Elite Member

kid. quit bein a smartass.

u asked A color.

not colors. its pretty fuckin obviouse. black to light. light to black.

one color that covers EVERYTHING is silver.

yes. on white itll show. no, not better then black. but i bet ull wonder "why isnt my black marker working on this black wall?!?!"

once again. u asked for ONE color. if it was multiple colors then whip out the color chart and youll see EXACTLY the opposite color that shows best.

one color

silver

covers everything better then nething

why dont you go out and try it. silver will just look grew on a white wall.

and can black be shiny?

no. so at night. silver is best to show on the smallest amount of light.

9. NEKEL1

NEKEL1 Senior Member

quick question

i got some berol powder paint and some patrol and iv tried making an ink out of it but i cant seem to get the right ratio

any suggestions...

and i got some aluminium bucket paint and some mineral spirits can i use the same ratio as ghetto krink...

10. NEKEL1

NEKEL1 Senior Member

innerbleedings dont ask questions then argue the toss when u get the answer silver or chrome is the best if u want it to be more permanent if ur just usin paint pens or ghetto junobo mid blue is probly the best coz u dont get many blue surfaces...

can we stop the bitchin now : )

11. Soboe!

Soboe! Senior Member

12. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

What Olick is saying is that if you only use ONE color, use silver because it covers the best and reflects. Will it be very visible on white, light gray, or cream? probably not. To be highly visible you need the contrasting color.

Obviously black is more visible on white, and white more visible on black, but then you're using TWO colors.

13. pib

pib Member

Nevermind this rubbing alcohols starting to freeze. Anyways I have another question..if I evaporated water based ink from a woodsman, but a white woodsman, and scraped it into pen ink. What would I get? would it even mix? Cause it's ink but..Im totally clueless what would happen.

14. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

i say gold is more visible on white and black, itll only be bad f u can find a liek yellow or tan surface

15. *cept*

*cept* Senior Member

bullshit. lavender is the best. :D

16. caustic_christ89

caustic_christ89 New Member

ok, this might be a total noob question, but i've never really fucked around with making inks. i've always stuck with the can, but whatevs

i've gone through most of this thread and didn't spot an answer, but maybe i missed it.

i got ahold of some Pilot Super Color Marker refill ink. I ain't got no alcohol right now, but I have some paint thinner handy. would that do to up the volume of this stuff?

is it any good?

what's a good ratio for mixing this stuff? gonna be filling a Zig fat tip.

17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^the pilot ink is already a good consistency, dont thin it out, just use it. and no paint thiner is only for oil based paints, not ink. for ink u need alcohol.
    pilot ink is pretty good, so just use that plain for nw

18. caustic_christ89

caustic_christ89 New Member

word, thanks.

i got some rusto aluminum buckets, so i'll save the thinner for that.

19. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

bright ass pink. i got a molotow pink paint marker and its powns everything. Silver is your best bet for ink like shit though.

Time for a noob question, i know your supposed add it but what does dot 3 actually do when you add it, like whats its purpose, ive been playin around making alot of ink and was just wondering.

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^its pretty corrosive(acidic) so when u add it, and put it on walls if it is painted over by mr.buffman than the acidity eats thru the paint so after a few layers of paint it still shos thru. also, it slows down the dryign proces for inks, so it takes longer to dry, givign it mroe time to sink into the surface, leaving a better stain.