Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. fingerlickingchicken

fingerlickingchicken Senior Member

You can run anything through the metal heads. I've put ink through them, they're really easy just got out and crush shit brotha

2. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

this place has turned into a toy box

3. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

really?? water???

4. Avonz

Avonz Member

5. NOKi

NOKi Member

You gotta get more base for you ink you just have a very basic ink with no satining properties really or the opaqueness to stay try mixxing it with some black leather dye/a lil red leather dye/ an try some pen ink in there with the bitch an see how it goes work from there useing colours that dye harder eg. Red, purple etc...

6. Avonz

Avonz Member

Would adding a very minimal, but still practical, amount of black paint help it out???

7. Eker.WRF

Eker.WRF Member

yo .. i live in germany ..does anyone know where to get methylene blue??

8. no-sleep

no-sleep Senior Member

dont mix ink and paint homie

9. NOKi

NOKi Member

Maybe if it was latex paint or like acrylic idk (never tried I think it would prob chunk up an get lumpy) but not oil based, ink is alch/ xyl based n paint is oil well the good stuff at least. Like I said go for something that will stain son maybe try some dot 3 if you ike a mean ghost yah know? Really though even try adding shit like leather dye it will give that solid opaquenedd ur lookin for.

10. fingerlickingchicken

fingerlickingchicken Senior Member

dont listen to this guy.....
    grab some 99% isopropyl alcohol from your local walgreens/safeway/costco/walmart, rack or buy like 200-300 pens and cut them in half and throw em in the alcohol. about 2 cups to 200-300 pens. shit is straight up nasty. that ink you find at the store is usuaully wack as fuck

11. NOKi

NOKi Member

Pen ink is whack man. Listen to fingerlicking all you want but you'll prob be disappointed in the outcome and make sure you get black red pens or shits gunna be just the same as you're dealing with well it prob will be similer anyways.

Check the first page theres some good recipes there which use pen ink but alone it fade quick in the sun an is mad easy o buff with little ghost.

Oil based paint an some varsol u got ghetto krink son mix wisely. (Use white as your base an add your colour in then bam you got ghetto junobo.

12. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

ink and paint are not mixable

13. Avonz

Avonz Member

I've already done the pen ink with paper mates before and I liked the shit. But trying to cope hella pens when compared to one or two ink jars is much more work. Not that much, but still. But what type of leather ink dyes you recommend: Brand wise. And how much dot three per cup of the ink you think?

14. Walleeto

Walleeto Senior Member

have anyone tried putting fuel injector cleaner on a ink??

i was thinking if you could mix ball pen ink, rubbing alcohol, dot 3 and fuel injector cleaner... you know, making normal ball pens ink but adding fuel injector cleaner... would it work?

15. Rites

Rites Member

fuel injection cleaner is formulated to gently absorb carbon deposits and other corrosive materials inside the fuel lines, injectectors and rails before burning them up in the combustion chamber. Its like a low powered detergent. You would probably have better luck using straight gasoline, the high octane shit.

16. NOKi

NOKi Member

Ghetto Junobo.

17. SilentVandal

SilentVandal Senior Member

18. barish

barish Guest

get some and try it on glass. im courious to know what happens

19. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

"Selenium dioxide imparts a red colour to glass. It is used in small quantities to counteract the blue colour due to cobalt impurities and so to create (apparently) colourless glass. In larger quantities, it gives a deep ruby red colour."

This too makes me curious. i wonder how well it would get along with other inks or bases.

20. SilentVandal

SilentVandal Senior Member

Aight' Ill try it by itself on some glass and then mix it with some ink and try it out and see what happens Ill post the results when I'm done!