Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

plus i gave the uses for the other 3 additives, and not the acid or bitumen, so you still needed those.
    anyways. as i said before i don't know the answer to that, wait for rogue

2. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

yea i need to word things better thanks for the help though:)

3. Yuckasfuck

Yuckasfuck Senior Member

Coversall's bitumen based, that should give you an idea of what it might do.
    And hydrochloric acid can do a lot of things both for ink and paint, look at the chemistry of what ur mixin n u might see what i mean.
    It can cause rust though but for some reason Rogue said to me it wouldnt work n blah blah blah blah blah, try stuff out and see what can happen.

4. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

so basicly adding bitumen to gk would make it REALY weatherproof and i could write on wet surfaces? wouldnt that make it realy thick and hard to come out of the nib?

5. marker luvu

marker luvu New Member

any advice on how much methylene blue and leather dye i should add to ma batch of pen ink ink?

cheer

6. Jet

Jet Elite Member

depends on if the meth blue is powder or liquid and on how this you want the pen ink.

if the meth blue is powder add it in small amounts cause if you use too much it will collect on the bottom and be wasted. If it's liquid you can add as much as you want.

as for the dye the more you add, the thicker it'll be.

7. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

:p Jet learned the add as much as you want trick from me

8. 806BOMR

806BOMR Member

ok i researched on gentian violet and i went to my local cvs and asked the lady and she pointed to this shit its some mexico stuff called "aceite de ricino" but i dont think its the right stuff because it says castor oil
    is this any good?
    or did i waste money on buying it?

9. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Yes. BUT, look at this (I translated it the best I could while still having it keep basic sense)

Finally, the ricino oil is a product that comprises of the manufacture of plastics, lacquers, paintings, lubricants and cosmetics.

10. 806BOMR

806BOMR Member

agh you lost me in your ink chemist talk lol sorry bare with me
    :S
    so is it useful?

11. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Not really but it is used to make paint so if you ever get some pigments it can be used almost like linseed oil.

12. 806BOMR

806BOMR Member

kool kool
    thanks

13. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

No problem bro.

14. Just Another

Just Another Senior Member

I am pretty sure bitumen is tar... I think that is what is in the OTR Cold Sweat and that is supposed to be tar based... I guess it just might help cover and help with opaqueness...

15. DRIPS!

DRIPS! Senior Member

tar based ehh souds dope i might have to cop one tar is nasty shit

16. enuf.oms

enuf.oms Member

just take off the sponge......clean the boottle and youll see were it separates.......and pull it off

17. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Hydro Acid will help your paint last longer, it's very corrosive and eats into surfaces.

Butimen will help the opacity and make it nice and thick. It is liquid tar basically, and would only be good in black.

18. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Rogue, post up some pics of that pigs blood additive. I wanna see some action shots of it in some ink.

19. Rogue

Rogue Guest

I don't put it in ink....

I use it straight.....

I need to get myself some more blood, I love the stuff. I think I'm the only ***** using blood, you should get down with it sintakz.

20. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

I was gonna get down with it but I just gotta find a decent supplier of blood. I was thinking maybe go around to supermarkets and asking the butchers.