Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Thread Suggestions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Jun 9, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

May be, but if there are changing lines and challeneges we could get different people in on them. And there's always neew people joining BS...and it wouldn't just be toy forum skaters. I remember asking if anyone skated a while back in the chat thread just in the toy forums and i got a good amount of replies,a dn thats just in the toy forums. Who knows how many else there are in all the forums..and maybe some lurkers would come into action.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

well this thread deals only with thread suggestions for the toy forum. I personally like the idea, I used to be a skater myself, but I really doubt the thread survives. especially when people are so lazy around here... you can barely get them to post a toss on paper, let alone making them actually shoot a video of themselves skating, then going through the trouble of editing it (or not) and then uploading it to youtube blablabla... too much hassle, too few are willing to take the initiative and waste effort into it.
    it was a good idea dude, but I wouldn't work. sorry

3. Bushido Graffiti

Bushido Graffiti Member

How about a thread where an experienced artist or forum member helps with drawings one on one with lesser experienced artists? like if there is a style or a "thing" the lesser experienced artist is trying to achieve they get one on one help with, like a student teacher arrangement , and then maybe bombingscience can sponsor the teacher artist with a store front discount or free shipping for the week or month , it would be nice to have some actual help instead of people just throwing out their opinions and not offering any weighted advice, this community was based of off helping each other grow the art form and seeing it spread , why not continue that here?

4. ZIK_ONER

ZIK_ONER Senior Member

Damn, one of the best, if not the best. I, (Unimportant junior forum member) approve!

5. Bushido Graffiti

Bushido Graffiti Member

Being here a short time I have seen more "you suck" than "here let me help you" , it would be nice to see everyone at a great level, think of all the cool pieces we could be seeing , those are my thoughts anyway

6. Bushido Graffiti

Bushido Graffiti Member

Also how about a workshop Sub forum , where concepts and styles are discused , for instance like this

Conectors: What and How letter blend

1. what to stay away from
    2. rules to specific styles
    3. styles that break the rules

Then we could have a more experienced writer come in and show us 2 random letters and show diferent blending technics such as

1. one behind the other
    2. shadow blending
    3. 3d graph blending /spacing
    4. arrow and line connectors
    5. abstract connectors

maybe have a sub forum for helping, like: "having trouble connecting letters post pics , the you post the pic of the 2 letters you are having trouble with , then everyone chips in and shows maybe their ideas on how it can be done

also maybe coloring forums , styles , technics, marker dos and dont , have to use paint pens , things like that

it would just be nice to see more people posting their stuff only to have 3 or 4 people tell you that it sucks and then a string of people being offended , it doesnt help anyone

7. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

Lmao first of all, if you want someone to spoon feed you, and hold your hand and walk you through graffiti, this forum is not the place, gtfoh with that shit. Second of all you shouldnt need someone else to help you develop your own style other than a few crits here and there, you need to learn that shit on your own. Lastly, there is the new to graffiti forum, that has tutorials for bar bending, coloring techniques, ink making, and more... SO you should check that out for your own benefit.

theres already a thread like that. ITs called Island of misfit sketches, AKA Uncle Ribcage's free advice

8. Bushido Graffiti

Bushido Graffiti Member

i didnt say spoon feed you , i said more feedback beyond someone pointing something out ... your comments would actually be an example of the type of people i'm talking about , if you maybe took the time to elaberate more than i am sure you would come across as a more experienced writer, my impression so far of the things i've read is that your a bitter elleitest that enjoys pointing out faults rather than offering up examples

by no means do i want someone to do it for me, or tell me what to do , but more guidance than ,"your toy shit" and "get rid of this/that" would probably go along way

art is funny that way, everyone is an expert on their own opinion , but there is a huge pool of talent here, why not help people draw from it

"i see what your trying to do here, try this or less of this"

there is so little of that here , and it seems to be a handful of people guiding the same handful of people. you dont have to be a genius to read through the threads to notice these things

i simply offered a suggestion to focus the talent to help people on a more personable level

i have been here a week and i had one person message me and offer me some advice, so far all i can see is there are more opions than suggestion and alot of new artist looking for more guidance than what i can see is being offered , if you dont like it , dont do it simple as that

9. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

But the New to graff thread is becoming old, pics and links arent working and that sort of stuff.

10. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

your suggestion is valid, and nice, and could prove very useful, bushido. but matter of the fact is that this is a forum. it's made just for discussion and fun, the owners of the store can't give away free shit to every nice guy out there.
    I can understand that you don't like it when someone messes with you or says "your shit sucks". some of the time, they're just being mean, other times, they're actually being honest.
    in both cases, it would do you good to actually listen and not get offended. instead, ask them why do they think it sucks in private messages, and I'm sure they'll reply with a just answer.
    like I said, this is a forum, and it's made just to discuss and share stuff, trolls and wiseguys are bound to join. I'd just get over it before it starts really annoying you and eventually you'll be stuck in a bad position. Remember: never feed the troll.
    Very few to none of us are experienced enough to actually be anybody's MENTOR if you will. those very few and rare peeps have much better and important things to take care of than spend a whole lotta time talking to a stranger over the internet trying to help him get better at graff.
    All the best writers around the world learned from their own mistakes and from their own experiences. and that's the only way you're gonna be able to really progress. being open to criticism is a big part of advancing too. Just practice a lot and do a lotta trial and error my man, and you'll see how you won't need anything more than your pen and paper and a whole lotta flicks for inspiration.
    Best advice I can give you is just spend a lotta time watching graff flicks man. stare at your favorite piece for hours if you must. Have a source of inspiration, find what you like and just stick to it, use the techniques they're using, learn from what you see. details. small stuff that very few notice are key. god is in the details my friend...
    well anyway, your idea is cool and might be a good way to improve for some, but it's too synthetic and artifical if you will... the "student"s evolution won't be natural, but forced.

the above text in a nutshell: "That shit can't be taught, kid"

regarding the new to graffiti thread. I will suggest to the admin to give credits for those who post fresh tutorials in there if you guys think it's lacking...

11. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

just a thought

12. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

you arent going to learn how to do graffiti on this website

13. ebob616

ebob616 Member

i like the way you talk. TRUE WORD. i'm new but this site and people like you giving real advice is priceless.

14. Friidom

Friidom Senior Member

how bout a thread that starts with one word and the next poster sketches the same word with one letter changed. and on and on just changing one letter at a time

15. laksun

laksun Member

Why no new thread any more? Is there any alive moderator here?

16. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

im alive. As long as there isn't a similar thread with meaning the go ahead and post up your ideas here. if I agree or like ill accept/

17. laksun

laksun Member

Cool, you have the powerful right in hand. The replies of all threads are massive:(

18. 02Adams

02Adams Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  19. KagedShroom

KagedShroom Member

A work in progress thread in the Toy section would be good, that way people, like me, can ask for advice before they fuck up their work.

20. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

^ post it in the appropriate thread as to what it is (piece, throw, hand) and make a not that you want to get some crits before you ink it in. by "work in progress" i assume you mean a sketch.