Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips For Clean Lines

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by EvokeOne, Jul 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. cuttingxedge

cuttingxedge Senior Member

change your name theres already an evoke from ottawa whos been writing for i dont wanna know howlong and hes amazing

as for can control the only way your going to get it is to take some cans and PAINT!! just try to use not so cheap paint and do fast hand movements and have your can not to close tothe wall.

2. **MATEO**

**MATEO** Elite Member

do wat i do i practice on cardboard before doin the peice

3. "awesome"ONE

"awesome"ONE Elite Member

One thing you can do that will really help you out with lines is practice doing certaint ones over and over again on something like large paper or cardboard. Soon you'll get better and better at controlling the lines so that their not as rough and stuff. Also just practice doing what you want. The more practice the better.

4. .limit.

.limit. Senior Member

like this
    __________________________paint straight dumbshit
    _
    | |
    | |
    /\
    ||
    can

5. ^FinDING NeNo^

^FinDING NeNo^ Member

Get a pink rollerblade wrist guard, that will help you out.....LoL LoL :lol:

6. bigbomba'

bigbomba' Elite Member

See its not so hard is it plus ive never needed a perfectly straight line nay time i tag shit

ACID

7. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

going fast helps, but dont fuck it up

8. toxus

toxus Elite Member

9. diarrhea

diarrhea Senior Member

-jurass finish first
    haha yeee explaining how to cut lines over the inter net is hard.

-evokeone
    hahaha yeah how the fuck is writing evoke biting revok, diferent words, diferent meaning, similar letters---> HOWEVER theres already a Really dope writer that goes by evoke. so i suggest you change ur tag if you ever want to be taken seriously.

-evokeone
    looks like you already know the basics of painting, like the the pointy parts of the outline inside your letters, it took me quite some time to figure out how thats done.haha. but yeah i think your good enough to know where you messed up and what can be cleaned up more. but i gotta say its looking nice.

learn how to cut lines and clean up your piece, for example the hole at the top of your S how the black line goes through to far, go over the part sticking out with some of that baby blue and itll look nicer. (hard to explain) and im to tired of typing.

practise is the #1 way to get straight lines
    and all the people saying "jst spray the can on to the wall in a straight line"
    its not that simple, one day when you actually paint youll find that out for yourselves.

10. diarrhea

diarrhea Senior Member

OH SHIT i just noticed this post, very very valuble information!!!!

11. morning_wood

morning_wood Elite Member

i like how most of the tips are false.

you cant get clean lines with a stock. YOU CANNOTTTTT. and i dont care about how good you are. they have a fuzzy spray pattern, so you wont get a crisp edge.

and people saying hold the can same angle blabla... fuck that.

start moving your hand before u press the cap (eliminated drips from the stall at the start of the line) and keep on moving in the proper direction after u let go, this helps eliminate drips.

try to 'see' the line on the wall before painting it, move your hand in the movement a few times before spraying (helps when you are still toy)

to get extra fine lines, hold the can with the cap almost touching the wall, dont spray straight on, spray at an angle, it will make one side of the line very crisp and the other abit more fuzzy, but its great for making tiny lines...

also... DO NOT PUSH THE CAP ALL THE WAY DOWN.... delicacy... push the cap a minimal amount to let less pressure through... this takes strong fingers so practice alot to tone your muscles

12. scOpeOne

scOpeOne Elite Member

thats right kids.. finger push ups

13. -=AgA=-TrAnCe

-=AgA=-TrAnCe Elite Member

14. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

Now im sure that youve been told to PRACTICE about 90 times already, But just to give you some actual advice that you can take part in right now, Stock caps are a bit harder to master then a ny thin cap. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE CHOICE, I liked german outlines, youn can just do millions of outlines until you figure out the movements you need to make to get those nice clean fresh lines. good luck.

15. MaZa#1

MaZa#1 Member

good tips...i use them some times

16. VAbomber

VAbomber Banned

yeh krylon short-cuts

17. onfire

onfire Member

don't use stock tips.. practice..alot.. and uses cardboard or a straight piece of wood for straight lines

18. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

the only thing that u said that was right was "PRACTICE ALOT".

theres nothing wrong with stock caps... thats all they had back in the day an they Still made clean cut lines...

dont use cardboard or plywood.. jus go practice. is all the advice anyone is ever gonna need

19. saki

saki Member

paint at least once a week and you'll pick it up easy

20. clone20

clone20 Senior Member