Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips For Painting In The Winter

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by bigtakeover, Jan 1, 2007.

Share This Page

1. MASTE2

MASTE2 Member

Winter is horrible, it's like 10 degrees here with windchill factors an shit. I can't wait for fuckin spring, cause there's no way I'm wandering around for 3 or 4 miles hitting up buildings.

But as for the topic, what I found was easy to do was (if you're fuckin old enough to drive like me) hold a can or two up to your heater inside and turn it on high. Then run out like the goddamn dickens and spit your fill and outline. Hop in, drive really fast making sure to hit a squad car on the way back to the safehouse.

Fuck.

2. ansichrist

ansichrist Senior Member

here in finland it's -20 C atm, but we're still painting, and no problems. just remember to wear warm clothes & gloves. i use leather gloves, some use cotton gloves under gardening gloves... those latex gloves suck on wintertime. and shake your cans well, you have to shake them all the time to keep them from freezing... and some cans don't cover as well as they do on warmer conditions, but otherwise, paint like it's summer. but don't use latex or paint frozen walls. ;)

3. SCOPE2

SCOPE2 Senior Member

its not so cold anymore,
    wooooooo

4. v e n s r.

v e n s r. Senior Member

two words:

rusto fat.

5. beantownboy

beantownboy Banned

in boston its mad cold wen I put the cans on me they were fine and was snowing my hands did not frost up :ph34r:

6. KAL

KAL Senior Member

i was well and ready on may way to go bombing(it was snowing that night) when i hopped the fence and was leaving my yard i realized i was going to be the only set of prints out there at midnight. so i forced myself to turn back n wait it out.

7. RoEbot

RoEbot Member

if you can get like downtown with your paint, i love painting in shit. one night it was fucking -15, no lie. and i was out for 2 and a half hours bombing the east side of my city. [good ol' rochester ny] and i mean you gotta dress warm as fuck i had like thermal pants and shirt, a pair of jeans, timberlands, 2 t-shirts 1 hoodie, pair of baseball gloves, and a black bandana and i mean i got a cold but i just took crazy amounts of zicam and that shit went away, but when its mad shitty like that there is NO ONE out.

and you gotta remember
    the cops hate running in the cold just as much as you do ;)

8. tense

tense Elite Member

molotow paint

9. youngprophecy

youngprophecy Senior Member

im bumpin this cause since its almost winter why not

10. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

While you drive to the spot just put your cans in a bag/box in the footwells and put the heater on high that way the cans get warm...

Once you'Re there get a lunchbox or something that can fit all your cans in and throw the cans in... a pocket warmer can help also...

The point is a insulated lunchbox keep stuff cold OR hot... so basicallly you are extending the time your cans stay hot!

11. RUDE_Bwoy

RUDE_Bwoy Elite Member

its a bitch writing in winter.your hands get cold and it fucking hurts

12. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

i got my hands on a ski mask/ balaclava they work great and cover your whole face keeping your face protected from frost bite.
    But just wear good clothes and shit...

13. Lester Berns

Lester Berns Senior Member

Waaahhh my fingers are cold... waaaaaahhhh my pieces that are drippy in August are even sloppier now.... Geez people. muscle through it or just go to the buffet and wait for april. thats my take.

14. PG_Miscreant

PG_Miscreant Senior Member

wear layers
    if its windy u wont be able to spray most high or outdoor spots cuz itll be 90% mist

15. Lester Berns

Lester Berns Senior Member

I disagree with the statement about high winds = mostly mist... Painted during hurricane "termoli" in italy 2003... my piece, as well as crew mates was crisp... like I said above... muscle through it... experience is the best thing you can bring with you when you go painting... reading about it online will only get you so far (not very far). Thats my take.

16. Flash_One

Flash_One Elite Member

yeah ive never had a problem with wind be4

17. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

i just drop tags inna winter...markers are easier to keep warm than cans

18. huffer

huffer Member

^^i never have a problem with anything and im in colorado its almost always winter here.... im going out tonight only problem is ice build up on signs and shit thats the only thing having to break ice off for signs.

19. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

yeah its mad cold here one time i did a throw up n after the fill-in my finger was stuck 2 the cap n i tryed 2 pull it off n it pulled the cap outta the can i had 2 rip it off n then use a diff finger 4 the outline

20. huffer

huffer Member

hahah i gottttt allll kinds of those stories, lmao, pitch black in a tunnel its about midnight about 20 degrees outside and the snows falling. i just have latex gloves on and the paint cap is backwards, i pucj down madd hard cause i can baerly feel my hands and the shit sprays into my finger, with the after spray ending up in my mouth, i chocked and ended up collapsing it was the grosest shit. idk how people huff paint.