Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

tryin to make a dolla outa 15 cents - Scams & Hustlin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RuSo, Jun 4, 2007.

Share This Page

1. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

im gonna try to sell some old video games to Game Stop
    let you know how it goes...

2. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

3. NoFUckingTalent

NoFUckingTalent Senior Member

Wow, that's a good hustle lost youth!

Selling used video games to game stores is one of the biggest rip offs ever.. They always jip you on the price, and usually try 'n give you store credit instead of cash. I fucking hate game stores. Pawn shops will usually give you a better deal on that shit if you have some decent games/systems to sell.

4. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

pawn shops are fucking horrible too. sell the games to kids. stand on the corner for a bit

traded a few racked cans for a half a quarter

5. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

yeah i'll second that. once i was gonna sell a pack of cymals that cost about 250 to a pawn shop, they offered me 50 bucks. i said "suck a cock old man. one day i'm going places".

6. NoFUckingTalent

rofl

Word pawn shops blow nuts, but I just ain't got the hustlin' skills some people got. Not very good at finding strangers to sell shit to, usually too impatient. Been meaning to sell my nintendo Wii forever, seems like it'd sell itself but I been too lazy.

But shit, that reminds me of a good idea I had, steal from a pawn shop! It'd probably be easier than stealing from a normal store and depending on the place, you could get some nice shit. There was thousand dollar watches in this one shop, if I had a disguise I so could have racked that shit...some do have cameras.

The problem with stolen shit is selling it though, I'm not a very motivated sales man.

7. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Cause you have noFUckingtalent... But ya selling to video game stores, and pawn shops is a god damn rip off, there the hustlers in the situation.

8. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

dude why are you arguing with me about the way i do things? it was my choice to buy the case and sell them and yeah it wasnt worth it. end of story. 400 dollars from sellings cds is pretty damn good if u ask me, especially for a 15 year old with no money to begin with.

9. C-Lurk

C-Lurk Senior Member

I don't know about there, but here they have barred doors and windows, several cameras, as well as silent alarms and autolocks behind the counters.

I've seen them use the autolocks once, it made a ring noise and the door wouldn't open.

One even has a buzzer to let you in, as well. But that's only one.

Besides, even if they didn't, pawn shops are typically really small, so you'd get seen by the desk workers anyway.

10. NoFUckingTalent

I love how people always try to act like x amount of money, or whatever is "nothing"

if its nothing then maybe acerborn should send me $400 in cash, I could sure as fuck use that for a lot of crap, and I'm not 15...I'm...older.

I was thinkin' 'bout gettin' into some bootlegging, could make nice cases and everything. Wonder what the penalty is if caught, and how easy it is to sell shit.

I know someone who could send me lots of high-quality movies and shit, download-whore.

edit: mask, pawn shops vary greatly from shop to shop, depends on how the owner wants to run it. Depending on how nice the store is, it may or may not have all that security you described.

its probably a dumb idea though, they record the serial and all types of shit about the item...but if I could nab somethin' worth over 1,000 I wouldn't mind puttin' on a wig and runnin'.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  11. silentchaos14

if your gonna bootleg cds and dvds dont rely on someone else to get your shit. also make sure you know people are looking for a certain thing before you go burn off 10 copies of it. usually newer cds and dvds are a good choice. just ask around before you start so you know what to go for. i was sellin mine for 5 a piece, 3 for 10 if i knew the person.

12. BOMiT

BOMiT Member

I bought a 48 pack of water bottles for 12 bucks at Costco. Sold that shit for a dollar each at the skatepark. Made some mad money. Bootlegging is basically free money. You download DVDR releases and burn em' onto DVD's. Hell, I sold 15 copies of the I am Legend DVDSCR for 8 bucks each.

Read Hustlin' weekly, it helps.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  13. fumes and shit

fumes and shit Senior Member

anyone who goes onto a graffiti forum to brag about how much of a hustler they are, cant really be making that much money

14. silentchaos14

im not bragging, im just contributing to the thread. the guy below me is though.

15. Maste

Maste Senior Member

dude if you looked at some of those posts they really arent.. just theyre just sellin candy and drinks and maybe some cds... its not liek they are hardcore hustlers theyre just kids gettin some cash

16. the redeemer

the redeemer Senior Member

you missed Gesus's part. hes makin bank.
    the rest are pocket change

17. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

Yah, dude, Gesus i a madman.
    What i do, i buy my weed 10$ a gram, split it in 2, make it pouffy so it looks like a gram. Then resell the shit for 10 bucks each to some wannabe pothead, and there you go, 20$ in your pocket and you made a 10$ profit.

18. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Your lucky you haven't run into anyone like a couple of my friends doing that kinda shit, they've jumped a couple of heads for stinging their sacs

19. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

(about the video games)
    i dont care if they rip me off, i never play them anymore so what the hell
    and i would go to a pawn shop, but i havent seen one of those in my city for ages.....

20. bloot

bloot Member

1/2 * 1/4 = 1/8