Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Are The Best Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by oneshokid, Nov 7, 2005.

Share This Page

1. sape

sape Member

good markers are molotow since there tips and ink is replacable plus the come in small and big versions

2. victim

victim Member

For dark colors I use an otr or molotow marker with speedflow ink or sakura solids.

For light colors some kind of mop with paint or sakura solids.

Also I want to try the immitation sakura solid marker made by Edding which is about half the price in my country. It looks the same.

3. SenseTwo

SenseTwo Member

i hear the otr hard to buff ink one is really good. but the paint marker from otr is horrible. otr is on the run

4. Festo

Festo Member

you are right the otr hard to buff and mops are great but the paint markers are pretty bad in my opinion

5. graffitiWISCONSIN

graffitiWISCONSIN Senior Member

i've never had any otr ink markers but I had a .160 & it was streaky as a motherfucker. the streetpainter is really good from what i've seen but the streetduster is literally liquid chalk. it's like what starbucks uses on their menus. I wanna try a soultip really bad but I don't have the money to always be buying graff supplies plus I wanna get some spray paint

6. G_CAL

G_CAL Senior Member

Go with OTR 0.60 Stainless

7. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

8. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

jeanque-balks was told by a writer from the 80's of using a videotape case and blackboard eraser felt for a nib (like a deodorant case uniwide??)... I don't like Kiwi Mop as much as a bingo dabber, had an OTR FlowPen when I was younger (from B.Sci of course! <3), didnt get the drips I wanted but maybe I just didn't know how to use the thing. Sometimes poking holes in certain nibs with a pin gets more flow, and I've always liked the big Chisel-tip UniPaints but haven't found one round these parts for awhile...

i thought this was about sketch markers at first, aside from shitty elementary school felt tip markers (and well, Uni's i guess), I've only really usedPrismaColors, like them (although can't rack by the case round here anymore and they're way too expensive), but I've heard Copic sketch markers are some other-other amazing shit.

9. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

That highlitghers that we use for marking needed stuff :D

10. Sicotik13

Sicotik13 Senior Member

On the run mini hard to buff is a great marker! if you got big hands like me you can just make a fist around it and no one can see it and the ink is great

11. graffitiWISCONSIN

if you love drips, go with the illadel slimeline mop. don't fall for that shitty krink stuff. it's way over priced & the paint & inks in them fuckin blow. the colorz 2oz is 500 times better then krink

12. SE3andhisTrees

SE3andhisTrees Member

just got the illadel slimline with bl2 ink and its awesome. so dark its like night in a mop. super clean streak free lines are easy and drip control is great. get some if you got the money its more than worth it.

13. karecard

karecard Senior Member

sharpie magnums are good for the first while depending if u dont fuck up the nib

14. -tang-

-tang- Senior Member

homemade mob ftw

15. karecard

karecard Senior Member

homemade mops are good with taxidermy paint in them n a felt nib

16. -tang-

-tang- Senior Member

17. graffitiWISCONSIN

yea dude that shit is great. it writes so smooth & if u go back to a spot where they tried to buff it you'll see they can't even fuck with it

18. fingerlickingchicken

fingerlickingchicken Senior Member

I always get streak free dark ass lines, I use my dick dipped in a tub of ink whaddup

19. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

just got my grog ink squeezers yesterday, and while i have nothing to compare them to, all i can say is that they;re fucking dope

20. graffitiWISCONSIN

yea but if u go back to where u wrote it'll be faded in a week. plus it gets buffed easy