Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Are The Graffiti Basics? & Graff Tools?

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Young_Habet, Aug 9, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Young_Habet

Young_Habet Member

Hey, what's up guys and gals? Trying to create this thread to learn and help others learn the basics to graffiti. So please any basic tips or tricks that can help improve anyone's styles would be appreciated.

What Are Some Of The Graffiti Basics? & Basic Graff Tools?

2. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

Graffiti Basics:

If you're a beginner, make sure you can draw decently in the blackbook/sketchbook first, whatever you put on the wall can only be as good as what is in your book. So if you're proud of what you have on paper, move on to the actual spray paint.

Do not make the mistake of spending too long in the sketchbook, you need to learn can-control and composition on a bigger wall.. your stuff will never be perfect, as long as it's something you enjoy looking at, that's all that matters..

4-5 sessions on a legal or chill spot is enough to get you comfortable so you can start to go out and bomb.

If you're not interested in bombing, but just interested in doing legal burners or murals... then I would say drawing often in your black book and experimentation are extremely important.. try new things, look at different art, the more influences you have to choose from the better you'll be... you basically want a large inventory of ideas.. Re-invent yourself every time you pick up a can.

I feel the same applies to those who bomb, me personally I don't like rocking the same style throwup all the time, I want to try different styles/colors/etc..

Don't be afraid to try new things, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself :)

3. Saif

Saif New Member

However, is there a way to remove graffiti for the purpose of renovation?

4. CBW88

CBW88 Member

I would imagine buff and paint over depending on color/stain of paint/ink?