Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Caps Fit What? Thread.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by bbbbbbbbbbbbb, Jun 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Skeggi

Skeggi Senior Member

nothing works on that shit. You can vary the width of the line with other caps, but you won't get flares or anything. NY caps are good, rustos, but I've had little luck with hooded caps.

2. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

i know rusto fats do.

3. igots0le

igots0le Senior Member

do you think those universal caps will work on them? i just tried a nyf and it leaked where the cap and can meet. i guess ill buy some rusto fats then. and do you know what the link is to the thread that shows you how to make ghetto caps for male cans. i read it before but i forgot what the thread was called.

4. Skeggi

Skeggi Senior Member

German Universals are the shit! I got like 50 last week, and that's about all I've been using. Fat enough for a fill, but slick enough for an outline. And it works on(almost) any fucking can! Has anyone noticed that Rusto fats work better on Krylon?

5. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

im pretty sure german caps dont work on painters touch... leaked everywhere when i tried anyway.

6. Bon3s

Bon3s Senior Member

i personally LOVE krylon and german's. i tried a fat on krylons, everything i get leaks, including shitty gold dots. shitty on krylong for me atleast. whatever. and on painters touch, my ny fatsand thins worked well, and rusto, well,, rusto fats and i havent found any of my other caps to fi on them?? but yeah, i mostly use krylon anyways, so its banana's germans, and rusto fats for me.

7. syrne

syrne Senior Member

americans finest by rusto works great with rusto fats , blacks good and white ehhh decent . but i cant get any hooded caps to work with them

8. From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up Senior Member

alright this is really pissing me off...
    i've had 4 painters touch cans flood on me whenever i try to use something other than the stock caps....i've tried NY fats, universal fats, universal thins, and gold dots on them...

What caps do u guys use and perhaps im doing something wrong....any tips?

9. sheltr

sheltr Senior Member

word yeah i wanna know to use for painters touch as well but i just know rustos work with them im just curious what else works with them

10. From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up Senior Member

after sum trial and error, i discovered that painters touch only fits european caps (like belton cans)

11. sno

sno Member

ruto

Hey i have some prolem with rusto i cant put any other cap on except the stock cap thats allready on it. its because there is a little tube sticking out of the hole where you would normally put your cap on do you guys have a solution for that or should i post a flick of it?

12. markingz.

markingz. Banned

your right they don't, damn that shit used to piss me off. gold dots work on krylon real well but have a weak line. try using them with rusto and they work 50 percent of the time.

13. Skeggi

Skeggi Senior Member

Anyone tried Rusto skinnies on krylon? I kow they work on rusto, duh. They're kind of hard to come by...

14. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

rusto skinnies? i didnt even know they exist.
    what caps fit on tremclad paint?

15. Jet

Jet Elite Member

wrong. very wrong.

NY fats work on Rusto and Rusto fats work great and neither of them are european caps.

nope, nothin you can do. they're the new male cans and nobody has found a really good fitting fat cap for them yet, you can experiment with household products like WD-40 or hairspray caps but I haven't found any that don't leak on the new PT cans yet...

if you have the old female cans you can use any cap except orange dots and NY skinnies, if you have the male can you're pretty much fucked.

16. Skeggi

Skeggi Senior Member

Rusto skinnies look like the German Skinny Pros, but they're RED with a WHITE insert. They spray like a rusto stock, not soft at all, but they're skinnier than your usual stock tip. Good for outlines.

17. ep si

ep si Senior Member

allright heres a ? i have pink dots and i tried them on rusto n they arent fat at all but on kylon there preety fat??y isint it fat with rusto? i need a awnser

18. Jet

Jet Elite Member

yes, pink dots are perfectly fine on rusto, maybe you had the cap on crooked.

19. Rester287

Rester287 New Member

man i racked some cans and they were all rustoleum cuz those shits spray good and i got some pink dots wit it and some ny fats and they work fine i'll post some shit up later on this week rest 287

20. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

Nothing fucking works on Beltons except Belton stocks, NY fats and NY thins..And pink dots on the 500ml cans..NOTHING else I've ever tried.