Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What do you really want?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mrragetwo, Jun 26, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Mrragetwo

Mrragetwo Member

There are many reasons why people start graff, some for fame , the thrill of the duck and dodge.
    I've been in the scene sense 1988 , where is my business, what I've accomplished also my business, but I question myself over the years, of " why am I still doing this?" " what do I hope to accomplish really"?
    Well like most writers we're loners, fit in everywhere and but at same time, fit in no where.
    I don't talk to people outside the graff scene about graff. Always the same questions, with answers those that haven't done it, couldn't even put into a sensible thought.
    I know there was a time, when fame was the ultimate goal, like a quote from Troy the movie, " and thats why they won't remember your name" cause life without risk is a life less sought after for real writers , these days, finding my way to the wall, seems to have slowed down some, but I'm still there, breathing in the damp cool wall, with concrete chips grinding under my feet as I make my way left to right, that is where I find my peace , that is where it all makes sense to me, the place I'm allowed time to piece back the puzzle that is my life. My communion with myself, and my imagination, where I still get excited when my pointer finger allows the paint of my mind to be let free. That is why I still do this, that is why I can't quit, without graff. I'm just another smuck with a 9 to 5 , for now I'm just That guy. And I'm more than happy for that. I'll always be a tormented soul just like every writer out there. But my peace come with purpose, and that purpose is self, and how I treat people along the way.

2. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

I threw my 2 cents in on the "Why do you write?" thread, but I'll say it again. I got a head full of art and ideas. I'm also poor. Graffiti was a way for poor kids to make art. It's all that was accessible to me. I like oils, I like canvas and I'm pretty snazzy at it, but fuck man. Racking 12 cans of Rusto beats paying for a $60 linen any day. The second factor is anonymous fame. I don't care if my shit's ugly. You saw my name and remembered it, and now you see it everywhere. I like gritty. I like art that reflects how I grew up and I like contributing to the culture. I'll take a phone-booth over a gallery any day, and that's one.

3. Mrragetwo

Mrragetwo Member

There's some REAL truth spoken in these words, I didn't come from money, I didn't even come from a bad family, but I was crap in the beginning , took that hate, and let it motivate me, my mom was a Teacher and was also an artist, which is where I luckily, she allowed me to express myself. She knew what I was doing, she also knew I had issues,
    And for art that reflects who you are, that is a must, it's a reflection of you , aggressive styles, to the more passive relaxed lines, and colors.
    Thanks for sharing man

4. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

Yo, we come from same backgrounds. Both my parents were teachers (my father a professor of literature in an all-black, inner-city school in Baltimore, full of kids eager to learn and create), and all four of my grandparents were visual artists. It was only natural for me to incorporate letters into visual art. It just made too much sense to pick up graffiti as my medium, and with the DIY spirit that underground hip-hop and punk-rock taught me, anything is possible. Be free, make colors, stay up!

5. Mrragetwo

Mrragetwo Member

Thats what's up for real Stay up never come down