Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Separates The Toys From The Veterans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SFC, Sep 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. soul_731

soul_731 Member

Ok, so lets say I figure out what its all about.. and I still suck... Still a toy?

That's why I don't agree with you. I know why I spend my entire pay checks on paint, I know why I practice every day trying to get my own damn style. I'm still a toy, and a pretty damn shitty one, but I know why I'm doing it and I think that oughta earn me a little respect.

Not every toy doesn't understand, Not every toy is doing it cause "it's pretty."

2. tense

tense Elite Member

im doing it cause i love seeing my tags around, gives me a sense of accomplishment, like i just did something that ive been told all my life not to do but i did it anyways and i got away with it.

3. mai87142002

mai87142002 Member

thanxs for the info

may i offer my opinion i understand the rankings and the reasons why.
    but i love graffiti so much and all the kings, knights and toys with the love of the art. but i would like to be seen as a student because no matter how long i have been doing what i love. i always want to learn more and there is so much to learn.

graffiti is my religon.:D

4. desokidd

desokidd Member

toys are people who tag over other people shit.
    toys have no flow in their hand syle.
    toys have shitty throwies.
    toys are new to the game.
    toys need more work.
    veterans have flow in their hand style.
    veterans have a good throw.
    veterans know how to respect others.
    veterans know the game.

5. Olick

Olick Elite Member

toys are named trane

basically ur a toy until a vet tells u ur not a toy.

simple.

6. sham->

sham-> Senior Member

toys=people who make shit tags, pieces, whatever and know it's shitty, and make excuses for why it's not good. just acknowledging that your work is garbage shows you can't prove shit or hold up your name.

veterans=in my opinion shouldn't be compared to toys. veteran really means experienced. they could be writing crap all the time and have enough bombs up to be called a veteran, while a great writer can be considered a king, but has been writing not long enough to be called a veteran.

7. youngprophecy

youngprophecy Senior Member

i agree but a toy can work and improve to where hes a king or veteran and they can show signs of improving

8. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

this should be moved to general discussion

@youngprophecy

so you live in jackson michigan, and write diaz, if your name is on this account or the email registered to this account thats pretty close to enough for a warrant....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  9. youngprophecy

youngprophecy Senior Member

i was just thinking that to

10. sham->

sham-> Senior Member

agreed!

the change to general discussion

had to move up the page to realize this was still in tools n tips

11. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

i bin wrighting for about 6/8 months
    my stlye is improeing like everyday
    im a toy unlike half the people on this site i can admit that
    but i have respect i no what im doing and i dont make myself out 2 be anyfing im not
    any help on getting better?

12. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Practice Practice Practice and more practice

13. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

its all you really can do, you can have everyone in the world tell you how to move your hand, but it takes practice to actually do it, and as much time as you put in trying to understand HOW to do it, you could have figured it out on your own...

may the straight lines be with you.

14. Tokenkaligreens

Tokenkaligreens Elite Member

skill is equal to the amount of effort put in. As simple as that, you only get what you put into it. LOL Im stoned I hope that makes sense.

15. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

nah thats very true to. If you spend the time on a peice to go back and do all the right cut backs and clean the shit up then its gunna look way better had you just finished it and been done.

Why is this still in tools and tips? where da mod at?

16. ~Star~

~Star~ Senior Member

everyones saying toys go over established writers work.... i am a toy , been writing for less than a year, have about 5 throw-ups, which i think are decent and other people think are wack :p and a shitload of tags i did with window writers, sharpies, and homeade mops, yeah compared to a majority of this forum, my shit is crazy wack, im a straight up TOYYYYY, but i dont go over other established writers tags, i have respect for graffiti, and i love it, don't do it to be "bad-ass", i do it because it's well... fun?

17. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

I think the real difference lies in someones attitude like displayed above. Im still very much toy. I know this. But i have a deep respect for the graff of others and the streets themsleves. I know whats up, and i know the game. But im not throwin down bad as crazy shit.... yet.

So while many of us are still toy or toyish. Its the person that makes the difference. And the toys that share my attitude and love for the game are the ones who will be the next big writers, we may not be yet but we on some next generation shit hah cause i need a generation to improve my shit! lol The ego trippin idiots are the ones who wont progress or will just give up and quit in a year

Thats my 2 pesos anyway

18. ~Star~

~Star~ Senior Member

When you say "I think the real difference lies in someones attitude like displayed above." is that an insult or a good thing? sorry i'm relatively SLOW

19. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

20. RezOner..

RezOner.. Banned