Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Separates The Toys From The Veterans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SFC, Sep 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

2. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

Well fuck I bomb I tag usually tag...I dont think Im the shit Im just...a writer but I go far and wide with bike on daylight so consider me a writer with balls but A KRINK THAT GOT ITS NIB RIPPED AND NOW THAT PART OF TORONTO WILL CONSIDER ME A MAAAD TOY CUZ i GOT A FUCKED NIB BUT FUCK THAT I CAME TO GO ON A MAD MISSION AND ILL WRITE NIB OR NO NIB.
    (Also someone writes Nibs in that are check out my youtube channel same name as my bs username.)

3. Slushi

Slushi Banned

I'm not touchin' this one..

4. trowel

trowel Senior Member

if you don't know why you are toy:

Watch Kings Destroy

imho,
    "toys" try to impress people. "vets" just do...

The most important thing is, you are going to be toy for a long time, deal with it...Just sketch, paint, practice, paint some more and eat taco bell...

the last part is irrelevant...but taco bell as we all know is god manifested into a delicious fast food restaurant...so it can't hurt :)

some good guidelines to stop "looking" toy(i know you all do this, don't lie):

1. Don't Brag. Writers are shadow warriors...what ninja would give himself up?
    2. Stop tagging your backpack with whack ass shit. again, this automatically brands you toy and violates rule #1.
    3. You don't have to act like a thug to be a writer...this makes you a stereotypical toy...and a douche bag to boot.
    4. TEACH YOURSELF how to do things, get your fucking hands dirty...stop asking for hand outs, its for your own good. As you start to get noticed friends will help you out with tricks and tips...no sense being a greedy pussy, skills come with time they must be acquired not created.
    5. Don't call someone else a toy...because the world works as follows: Someone will always be better than you...so, in all technicality, you can be considered toy to that person, so there is really no sense in calling someone a toy to try and make yourself look good is there?

Remember, Graffiti is a way of life, we are a very intricate culture which should stay bonded fairly closely...For the most part the only people who approve of writers are other writers, so, if you want to move up in the ranks be humble and stop trying to impress everyone....let your shit speak for you.

Happy writing, don't get caught...don't act, just be.

5. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

^^^well said...

6. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

when I was toy I used to try and find everyone that wrote
    I woulda sk all around and shit and was never relucatant to tell people what I wrote and drop a tag
    Now though
    I try to keep it to myself and the people who write that know me.

but the main thing that sperates toys from vets is skill. mos def.

but ay man if a toy is a toy
    I aint not gonna call him a toy

7. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

we've been over this before, you AREN'T known in toronto, at alllll.

8. dior

dior Senior Member

^^^ lulz toronto has so many ups on canal street espicially from cause and a nother guy i forgot the name tho

9. JayAyDubZed

JayAyDubZed Senior Member

I know dude who started tagging like a month or 2 ago and he things he's the shit and is gonna go start bombing and thinks he knows what he's doing. His style is not bad and his tags are pretty good for the amount of time he's been writing but yes, his mind frame is VERY toy. He needs to learn that he can't go out and start piecing 3 weeks are he does his first bomb -_-

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  10. KASE2

KASE2 Senior Member

hahah wow kuz theres not billions of fuckin random ass things you can make your fuckin name, dont you think SFC was available 4 a fuckin reason, change your name 2 sumthn like staceyDickFuck or sum shit, or "clown possum bottom eater" i can gurantee that those rnt taken (yet)

11. trowel

trowel Senior Member

Toys are the guys like you who sit around and bitch at each other over the internet

:)

get back on topic you little twat bags.

12. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

toys suck and ppl who dont suck arent toys
    :)?

13. wrekstyle

wrekstyle Senior Member

Skills and fuckin balls!

14. Dsub

Dsub Senior Member

What separates toys from vets?

Simple, no need for huge discussions.. three things:

Style

Etiquette

Determination

If you lack 2 or more of these qualities, chances are you're a toy!

15. Darko

Darko Senior Member

a vet is someone is good
    a toy is your punk ass still fags crew

16. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

17. Buz

Buz New Member

i love the advice you guys are getting out there. it's helping me in the fact that i started to tag about almost a year ago but I'm still very horrible at developing a stye that fits my weird lifestyle and personality. i understand that it is going to take years put i cant grasp anything that has to do with hand style or bombing. it is very frustrating to see guys who are throwing up some dope pieces and im still stuck at square one. any idea's on how to get to square two?

18. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

There are many different categories of toys, but it mostly comes down to skill. I accept im a toy, but unlike most writers im no artist, so i got that going against me.

This thread is a bit useless if you ask me.

19. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

20. klk79766

klk79766 Banned