Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste not sticky/working? Help please!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by JaffaBoy, Nov 13, 2019.

Share This Page

1. JaffaBoy

JaffaBoy New Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I just started to make wheatpaste for my street art. I really need help though. The wheatpaste I'm making doesn't seem to be sticky at all. I have a few questions.

1) Is wheatpaste supposed to be sticky to your fingers after you make it and it cools?
    2) I brush the wall with wheatpaste, then put my poster on, but I find it slipping and falling and not instantly sticking right away to the wall. I have to like rub it hard with my fingers and hands along the edges and throughout the whole poster, because it slips and doesn't instantly stick. Then next morning, I find it not already falling off the wall.

3) I see videos of people putting on posters with wheatpaste and it seems to stick hard right away. But mine doesnt. I'm using super thin printing paper.

4) How should my wheatpaste look when its ready. Like liquid like a milk shake, or more vanilla pudding like? I'm cooking it and not having happy results.

Please help and advise! Thank you!

IMG_7834.jpg

2. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Have you tried spray tack, glue in a spraycan?