Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

yeh, agreed. Sorry, I guess for me it just felt like I was biting her style because that's where I got the inspiration to try it. I'm sure she's not the only one who does this kinda thing.

:)

2. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

@ coff. if you wanna go big, then use the grid method on ur computer, becuase its cheapest, and at that size its only maybe 4sheets of paper...buuttt that fades, so th best is to use a stencil,

3. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

idk if you guys still go to school or anything, but mine is pretty big on art and they allow you to use the printer but only 10copies. after that, you gotta pay for it. they have different types of paper, regular printing paper, newsprint, and a very thin type of paper that'll probably be best to use. they're mainly 8in.x15in. im not to sure about the newsprint but it's probably the size of a regular newspaper page.

4. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

Is that Molotow Streetwise hi-tack Spray Glue 2 any good for pasting?

5. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

Well if you're just doing regular pastes that are a basic 2 tone then try this... Get some newsprint. Big newsprint. And then draw whatever you're goign to be printing on a sheet of really nice cardboard. And cut it out as a stencil. You're not going to need to need worry about if this stencil holds together where the islands are and shit. You just have to make sure it'll last long and give you nice solid edges. Then you get some good flat black paint and spray that stencil on the newsprint.

6. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

couple ups from last night :)
    Those cutout posters are really difficult to paste.

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s291_Stylefinds_P8290044.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s291_Stylefinds_P8290042.jpg

7. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

what do i do if i have a print on 2 pieces of paper? liek in the past when i do one i just glue teh pieces otgether, but i noticed when i pot it up the like edges curl up, liek where the 2 pieces of paper connect. wtf do i do

8. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

What do you mean? and ive noticed with like OBEY and stuff, when they did 2 piece posters, they just put up one peice, thenpasted the other piece right next to it? DOnt glue the actual edges though.

9. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

liek with mine, when they are more than one piece of paper, i glue them together with liek a glue stick, just to keep it organized before i put it up. then when i put it up like a week later, where the edges connect, liek the poster starts fallign apart, and the edges curl up where the two parts of the poster connect

10. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I think the glue might somehow have a chain reaction with the paste and somehow loose its effect. If I were you, Id just put it up traditionally and put up your first piece, then when you got a good amount of paste over the poster, kinda put your second piece overlapping it a bit to it still connects.

11. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea. but the thing is i printed mine out, so liek some of the peices are mad small, and i have liek 10 pieces lol

12. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

If theyre mad small, then just use stickers? I think they have plain white mailing labels and what not. Other then that, i dont know what to tell you. You should post up a picture, cause I cant really picture what your talking about :p

13. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

haha alright ill get soem pics of one later. and by small i mean some of the pieces. liek i did this octopus, andsicne it obv didnt all fit on one paper theres like little pices of tenticales that are cut off, so i just have them separate. ahha idk ill have t get pics

14. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

Well, If thats the case, then just shrink the image so it all fits on one piece of paper, then go to staples or kinkos(assuming you live in the states) and blow it up to the size you want. It will prolly be pretty cheap if its just black and white, so dont worry about cost.

15. Moldy

Moldy Member

Sorry to be off topic from the recent posts but does anyone have a real good recipe because I cant get my posters to stay up, like they stay up but I go back to check them the day after im done and they peel off so easy.. And if I have a drawing I like and I want to get a lot of copies do I just take it to staples and get it copied or do I have to have a certain kind of paper or size? Thanks. $)

16. COFF

COFF New Member

recipes

to kind of continue off of moldy's post pertaining to good recipes, i as well have found the boiled water wheat flower recipe to be lacking. the paste starts to chip away within 2 days of it being applied to a wall. alternative recipes would be greatly appreciated

17. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I dont even cook my paste, I just mix 1/4 hot water with 3/4 flour. If yours isnt sticking, trying going back to the posts and find all the addatives that people have added to the recipe. Sugar( a handful During the time your mixing) Wood glue, corn starch, and clear coat are some of the things I heard to enhance your paste. Just go back and look through the pages, Your gonna find what your lookin for :p

18. Moldy

Moldy Member

19. m u t e

m u t e Member

did my first pastes last night.. results
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3066_2833120929_63a9446cae.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3248_2833121421_d55c820196.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

20. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

some posters ive made up, firt 2 are my own, last was a stencil i found and added to

TELL ME WHAT LOOKS BETTER, GREY OR RED NAME
    ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_42_17287372.gif
    ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_42_17287372redbottomleft.jpg
    ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_george_orwell_image.jpg