Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. SwissBytesFan

SwissBytesFan New Member

2. siena

siena New Member

I don’t know if people still watch this thread but a couple things

I burnt my paste and there’s brown chunks. Not a lot to notice on the actual paste when applied thank goodness but will this mess things up in terms of longevity?

I know pastes and art dont last forever and that doesn’t bug me. But I did acrylic on newsprint. Am I going to regret this? Did a light layer and kept everything flat, not really layered.

Is it going to rain once and it’s all gone? I know it won’t last forever but that would kind of suck.

3. SwissBytesFan

SwissBytesFan New Member

I've burnt mine a bit before it smelt a bit different but I'm not sure if affected the performance much, check out LT66art, he does painting on news print and his works last a long time! Rain will not affect your works, I've removed my pastes before and it took a lot of scraping and scrubbing, a bit of rain won't make them fall off as long as you get your mix right.

With regards to longevity, mold is a problem, maybe add some antifungals to your mix, plus what you paste on really makes a difference, glass, metal and painted surfaces seem to last a long time, but chip board seems to go moldy in a week!

4. siena

siena New Member

Gotcha thank you!! Have some stuff ready and excited to try it out tonight! :) Appreciate it.

5. SwissBytesFan

SwissBytesFan New Member

Post some pics!!

6. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

Man eye just use uses stickers I never cud make wheatpaste its always messed up for me. Hey does anyone know how to nutrition label cans and boxes?