Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpasting 'n Posters

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DNA, Nov 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. newera

newera Member

i wanna make a tone of "Stop the Violence" posters with my friends face on it not that he died last wednesday in a shooting at his school. :(

2. newera

newera Member

and i wanna post them everywhere around his neighbourhood and school but since i dont live there anymore i guess i can always hit up the dt area. still cant believe hes gone :(:(:(

3. vampireboy65

vampireboy65 Senior Member

ya idk if this works but i heard u can break like one light bulb into your mix and when ppl go to take it off the get littel cuts

4. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

That's kinda sadistic. Why would you do that? Shit gets buffed. That's how it works. You keep on truckin. The bear in my sig only got rocked for like 4 days. S'okay. I got more. I wouldn't want some little kid gettin cut on my shit when he comes up to touch it cuzz he's fascinated. Little kids do that shit. I've seen 'em. I reccomend staying on friendly terms with your neighborhood and not doing that shit. Just make more posters.

Newera- Sorry for your loss. Your idea is great tho. If you send me the picture, I can run it thru a program that will make it easily taceable lines. Then you can blow it up on a projector... If you wanna go really big. ;)

5. Skru-Tape

Skru-Tape Senior Member

i wanna get into this, im thinkin of makin some real political posters and puttin em up in bathroom stalls, catch people when they cant just walk away without reading, lmao.

i made this a while back for my signature on a hip hop forum that i rapped on, i really wanna get some along the lines of this, cuz ima try 2 hav that image made up on vinyl stickaz one day.

[Broken External Image]:http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/brendanista/sticker1.jpg

ima do this wheatpaste for now. wut yall think?

EDIT: The pic aint workin, ima have that fixed tomoro mawnin.

6. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Bathroom stalls are kinda wack, and they'll get buffed with the quickness. Probably won't even dry. The key to wheatpasting is to make the image, big, bold, and in a fascinating and heaty spot you can't neseccarilly get to with paint. That makes people wanna read what you're on about. Hit them with an image first that'll catch there attention, then they'll come and read what you want them to.

7. fnt

fnt Senior Member

I posted a while ago in a different thread asking about people's thoughts on spray adheasives, 3m makes 77, 80, and 90, 90 being the strongest, I'm thinking of trying them, they're kind of expensive, but would be faster and easier. Molotow and Mtn also make spray adheasives, which look good too.

8. Aces One

Aces One Senior Member

what container do people usually use to hold wheatpaste and also whats the best paper to make your posters on?

9. Tri1

Tri1 Senior Member

i use wallpaper underpaper for what i'm doing but any paper should be ok as long as it's not to thin or to thick to be stuck. i use an empty bucket paint can to hold my paste in.

10. fnt

fnt Senior Member

yeah just a bucket or something like that, it doesn't really matter, don't let it sit long, because it will give off the nastiest smell ever, I've also heard of people's containers popping open, shooting out wheatpaste because I guess it was make carbon dioxide or something. Clean the container out when you're done.

The skinnier the paper, the better, at least reasonably, most people use newsprint paper, it comes in large sheets at art and craft stores, it's pretty thin. Some people use butcher paper, and you can get really big pieces of paper from newspaper companies, at the end of the roll, that they can't use. If it's thinner, it takes less to hold it up, making it stronger, and harder to get off, the paste soaks in more, also trying to scrape something very thin is hard.

11. Klas ELS enrol

Klas ELS enrol Member

i agree the last thing i pasted was on a traffic lite box it was to thick and peel itself of within a week

12. [Neighborhood Watch] SKOR

[Neighborhood Watch] SKOR Senior Member

this is a little late... but the war is a cover up... the government is always doing shit they dont tell us about... have u talked to veterans? some talk about being in places that noones ever heard of at the same time they shoulda been in iraq... iraq is an excuse to send out mass soldiers to other places secret wars are happening in. yeah it sounds like some fucked up high shit, but really, the government doesnt tell us SHIT. we have no reason to be in iraq, the last time a government was stable there was what? hundreds of years ago? democracy has only worked in america like communism is in china. i feel like a faggot to say, but americas gonna fall. btw... have u ever really paid CLOSE attention to some of the army ad's... its like crazy ass propaganda... "looking up at a soldier in uniform on american streets brave and tall looking into the future with a masculin face on. child holding his mother's hand looks back at him in aw. THEN, "THERES STRONG, THEN THERES ARMY STRONG""... doesnt that just sound like some fucked up nazi type brainwashing shit... not to compare america with the nazi's... but the germans did mass brainwashing about hitler, and its kind of along the same lines brainwashing wise.... think about it.

13. [Neighborhood Watch] SKOR

use a plastic drinking bottle.

14. [Neighborhood Watch] SKOR

haha, "good terms with your neighborhood"... like they LIKE any graffiti or "vandalism"

15. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

lets say i need some compact supplies (folded up posters, about a foot by afoot), and a kiwi mop filled with wheatpaste? would that work?

16. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

Take your government hating shit somewhere else. Soldiers provide us with the freedom you live in today.
    No reason to be in Iraq? You fucking forget 9/11? Dumbass.
    Shut the fuck up and take that somewhere else.