Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Where 2 Buy Paint Is Aussie

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by i luv rum, Nov 25, 2005.

Share This Page

1. The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep New Member

Just wondering what yous reckon of Dulux paints?
    I've seem alot of empty cans near my place, but haven't had the chance to go out get some to test.

Also another place in Melbourne for paints is Melbourne Artist Supplies, near RMIT and Melbourne Central Station behind their carpark i think.. They are pretty good, stock few different colours of Ironlak, MTN, Molotow.. but its the only place i've really seen to compare it too, just moved here :rolleyes: lol

2. To.The.Beat

To.The.Beat Senior Member

Dulux isn't to bad. Only a bunch of good colours though.
    Depends on how much you pay for it though. Around $5 then get it but if it's like $7-8 then get some ironlaks.

3. crozzy

crozzy Member

i used to get dulux for $4.50 because the local store was closing down, now theyre out of most colours and i cant find dulux anywhere its a pain in the arse

dulux is the shit, the colours arent anything special, but theyre female cans, aussie export and white knight and a lot of the other hardware store type paints are male.

dulux has a nice sky blue, chrome, and a couple other colours along with black and white. meaning to get me some ironlak, but heard that because the paint is so thick it clogs caps shitloads, although apparently the new formula is better

4. To.The.Beat

sometimes i like exports better then dulux and plastikotes becuase its easier to just put paper under the cap then mess around with caps. plastkotes are pretty fun though to mess around with becuase theyre so thin and shitty they never clog grey dots or gold dots.

5. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Someone wanna share their export tip/cap secrets with someone from across the ditch?

6. lets.go.paint

lets.go.paint Member

Just grab hairspray caps.... lynx caps arent too bad either... just trial and error man.

I use exports when i cbf getting the good shit but im stocked up now so i wont get exports for a while now.

7. crozzy

crozzy Member

spray oil / hairspray / whatever caps are definately better than the stock italics. spray on oil is alright for outlines as its pretty thin. the problem is fats, unless you want to use the stock italic cap for fills. i use fair bit of exports because im not forking out the money for using montys or belton or whatever for fills. dulux is dope if you can find it cheap because its cheap enough to use on fills, and fits all your skinny bananas or fats for any other shit.

8. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

Spray Oil and Lynx caps for outlines
    Hairspray, or stock cap for Fills

Ummm I knew more but I forgot.

Theres really only about 5 female caps...

- Thin - Spray Oil
    - Medium - Lynx (Not sure if medium or thing) and Stock Deodorant
    - Fat (Square shaped spraying motion).

Somone should create female caps, they'd make a killing for all the people who couldn't afford $4 and up....

9. To.The.Beat

Montana makes fat and thin female caps.
    Buy or make a cap adapter they work good. And put paper under the cap so it doesn't get pressed all the way down, after a while just take it out and you can do it wthout the paper with practise.

10. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Sweet. Thanks for the tips.

I've heard that Impulse (womans deoderant, I'm pretty sure you guys have that in Aus) are a good skinny cap but haven't tried it yet.

I've got a cap adapter but I didn't really like it all that much. Maybe it was the way I was using it but with when I used it with a big selection of caps didn't really see to do much.

11. NiL

NiL Elite Member

Womens dedorant = toilet spray 'nuff said

They just get a can of toilet spray slap some flowers, butterflys what the fuck ever and write a groovy name on it and say it's girls dedorant.

Smells like shit.

But anywayz I use dedorant caps too mostly the Lynx and I think it was cooking spray had a pretty alright cap.

12. crozzy

crozzy Member

ive seen the female caps montana makes for their "classic" range, but am yet to find a place that actually sells them in aus

13. keeblaa

keeblaa Member

yea i just use caps from flyspray and coooking oil with my exports, works nice...havnt found a good filling one yet though.

14. xFatel.Onex

xFatel.Onex Senior Member

15. lets.go.paint

lets.go.paint Member

Thinnest fucking cap for exports.... "mum" deodorant. thin as give it a try

16. To.The.Beat

Fuck stealing caps. Most of them are shit and nobodys going to give away the good caps. Fill with the stock chisel and outline with it too.
    Example. Fill, outline and key 100% export. Didn't change any of the caps at all. 100% stock cap. Not including the top of the first letter.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PanicBat/IMG_2547.jpg
    now boycott euro pains haha exports for life.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PanicBat/exports.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PanicBat/exports1.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/PanicBat/exports2.jpg

17. CaMa

CaMa Senior Member

Export = Trigger Finger

18. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

Rack ironlak = better

but i know export is not australian.

fats = anything that sprays on yer face.

Magicool (Not sure if you have it over there but you spray it on your face to cool ya down.) its about the same size as an ny fat.

pledge furnature polish (with the weird looking cap that fits directly onto the can ) about 1 and a half size of the magicool cap

skinny cap = look for a spray which has no aerosol like a pump thing there.. with no aerosol there pritty thin...

or take a stock cap, and bore a hole in with a needle into the hole. = makes a skinny

a fat, take a stock (i would go for a skinny one) and cut a + cross into it like that.

calligraphy, same as a fat but just a line..

oh yeah use a exacto knife or something like that.

19. The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep New Member

Cheers, saw some Dulux the other day.. for like 13 bucks! or something :blink: lol but cheers ill keep an eye out for it.. for a lil cheaper lol
    but not bad colours, though shop didn't have that much..

20. lets.go.paint

lets.go.paint Member

$2 exports... cant beat em ey.

And with the whole 'what caps to use' just steal a few when gettin exports..... trial and error, see whats good and go steal em all lol.