Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Why do non writers think graff is for kids?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MintyMinty, Jan 31, 2023.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

A journalist who was writing about my piece described me as a youth. Apparently the neighbours told her my piece was done by kids with nothing to do in the evenings. Why do non writers assume that graff is done by kids? I’ve been doing pieces since early 80s so it annoys me.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  2. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Probably because most folks grow out of it.

3. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

Ok- don’t get that though; thought the point was to grow into it- get better, am I wrong?

4. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

That's logical from the perspective of someone that does graff and more importantly cares about their development but your question was related to "outsider" perceptions.

5. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

Yes that’s true- you’re right.
    What I’m asking is why do outsiders from graff seem to think it’s something to grow out of?- that is really it…. asking them is the obvious place to ask.

6. SMDOUBLEXL

SMDOUBLEXL Member

I doubt that you're even old enough to remember cigarette vending machines or car phones that were installed on the bump on the floor in the front of the car.

7. MintyMinty

MintyMinty Member

8. SYNTEK395

SYNTEK395 New Member

I've been told the art is "kid shit" countless times. yea people grow out of it but id say I've never seen a serious artist under the age of 18. I wish graffiti was how it used to be. the internet ruined it.

9. FACT

FACT Member

a lot of writers are in beetweeen like the age of 12 and 32 and stuff ( atleast in san francisco)