Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Why Do You Write?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fluffy Bunnies, Mar 13, 2006.

Share This Page

1. ca$hville

ca$hville Senior Member

self expression and just to destroy shit like crazy

2. BaSiC222

BaSiC222 Senior Member

well for the rush and the appreciation of the art plus its one type of art that I really excel at I was in college for art and that really was either too hard or just didn't inspire me but everytime I see a great piece or a tag I feel amazing its just so inspiring

3. tompenny

tompenny Member

“When I paint it feels like calmness, meditation. But it’s a roller coaster; at the beginning you’re stressed out because it looks like shit, to the middle of the pieces when you’re beginning to resolve issues, to the end of the pieces when you really start to enjoy the piece by dressing it up and adding the affects and techniques that you discovered during the piece, and that’s when you find the moment you were searching for.
    I’ve been miserable because I haven’t been able to paint lately. If I don’t participate in it, I don’t feel like I’m alive. Painting is where I find balance, calmness and great self-satisfaction, and if I can’t do it, it takes me right down to hell. I go through withdrawal just like a junkie would. I’s not the healthiest situation so it’s a constant struggle. Just the anxiety of knowing you’re going to do something crazy, like when I did a freeway piece, and then realized I was close to death hanging on a freeway bridge! But you know that you are doing something that no one else is doing, and if you survive it, you’re doing something that 500,000 people may see the next day.”
    - Saber

4. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

5. Who da fuck cares

Who da fuck cares New Member

I started to write because I was walkiing home on da train tracks 1 day & passed under a brigde & saw madd burners & throw ups & got hooked

6. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

i Write to stay up...and i stay up to write

7. SprayBomb

SprayBomb New Member

i always thought graff looked cool and stuff. and its something to do when ur bored. i always remember seeing graff under overpasses and on trains and stuff and thought it looked cool.

8. lololzheffer

lololzheffer Senior Member

lol i do it cause it looks cool too....idiot.

i do it to get my name out.

9. Ewzer

Ewzer Member

i do it to trancend my self, to translate an otherwise ingnored or missunderstood inner desire to scrawl into a game that i play. All day errday its an uncurable plague on the brain, an obession that persist, with out it, there'd be a huge chasm large enough to entirly consume me.

10. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

I started to write REAL GRAFFITI ON THE STREETS cuz i like idea of gettin up and i love to fuck shit up.
    I try piecing because i know gettin up is only one part of the game, and i think i look dope as hell when done right.

I dont write graffiti for no bullshit made up reason that if i type in a graffiti forum itll make me feel special, and like it seperates the reason i write from other writers bullshit wanna be creative reason.

Fuck that self expression bullshit.
    If you wanna express yourself go write rhymes and breakdance.

11. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

I like breathing the fumes. lol
    I actually do it because I love having my own style and developing. The culture ties into the art so well it's just so great.

12. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

yeah but once you start you love the styles and the letters most of all right?

13. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

no. theres nothing more that i hate than letters and different style. -_-

14. Animal

Animal Senior Member

i like fuckin shit up without people knowing really who i am.
    ya.

15. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

for other peopel to look and soay who the hell does that ?..

16. xylene hug

xylene hug Elite Member

17. shake.one

shake.one Member

because i love the adrenaline, and i love destroying shit.

18. Mr.Treez

Mr.Treez Member

I write cause theres not many things in the world like graffiti. theres no one to tell you what you can or cannot do, skys the limit. your the boss.

19. Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug Senior Member

i write because i have a mental issue that forces me to write every minute

20. Case-One

Case-One Senior Member

because i love the english language and i like to discover myself via poems and writing literature, wait we're talking bought why we write right, yeah write, right, rite