Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Why do you write?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nerd., Jul 7, 2019.

Share This Page

1. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

ive been thinking about it recently and there arent many goos reasons to write graffiti. the main reasons seem to be ego, attention and/or venting anger or sadness. are all graffiti writers just insecure and selfisb? i definitely am. i got into graffiti from youtube videos and just thought it was so cool. but when i was a kid i just saw it as a cool little touch to the environment when i looked out of the subway/car window. i'll say that when i was really considering it, i was super antisocial and had no confidence or self esteem. so tell me, whats your reason for doing it?

2. Qubic

Qubic Senior Member

Validation and recognition when society makes you invisible

3. MrSixes

MrSixes Elite Member

Validation and recognition from who?

4. Nabru

Nabru Senior Member

I hope this is bullshit.

5. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

well, you see what i mean when i said that graffiti writers are insecure and not confident. why do other peoples opinions about you matter? it doesnt. im not a perfect person and i admit to being insecure and not confident. how the fuck is "society making you invisible"? it just sounds like a bunch of pretentious bs.

6. Nabru

Nabru Senior Member

As long as you are looking to others for validation you are giving up all your personal power and exposing yourself to the advances of all the psychopathic personalities out there.

7. MrSixes

MrSixes Elite Member

I hate fucking vampire faggots.

8. Nabru

Nabru Senior Member

Fagaroni..your on some chomo shit for real dog.

9. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

10. Qubic

Qubic Senior Member

I don't mean validation from another person per se. I mean validation of self. I mean when societies making you feel like nothing, it's a way of saying 'I am here!'. 'here's proof that I exist!'

Or 'fuck the system [that oppresses you]' some might say.

But in a creative way... Plus I like understanding art techniques in general... I'm reasonably OK at art but I might only get 1 person interested.... I've put a couple stencils up in prominent places in town and I know they've been looked at 100 times more than any work I've done at home has

11. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

so for you to validate yourself you need attention from others because society is making you feel like nothing? see how what youre saying is bull? stop blaming other people for your issues. consider getting therapy and improve yourself. i know this sounds preachy but im getting this from other people.

12. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

there was a sike on here years ago

13. Kaps2

Kaps2 Elite Member

Yeah but he was not well known in graffiti i mean. You think i should look for another name? I kind of want to change my "camz" tag...

14. nerd.

nerd. Senior Member

i just googled "graffiti sike" and there are already some people writing it. u should do what you want tho. as long as there is no other sike in your area.

lets stop talking about this and get back on topic tho.

15. Kaps2

Kaps2 Elite Member

Thanks urban...

16. Qubic

Qubic Senior Member

Lol its SELF validation. Loads of writers do stuff just to be able to stand back and say 'I did this'

17. MrSixes

MrSixes Elite Member

Just checking

18. Qubic

Qubic Senior Member

So if I can count, there's been 8 people commenting here but only 2 answering the question :D

19. MrSixes

MrSixes Elite Member

Because.......

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  20. Nabru

Nabru Senior Member

Because I mother fuckin feel like it.