Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Why Not To Post Painted Peices.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Shrink, Dec 30, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Prove

Prove Member

Disclaimer:

I Am Not Responsible For Anything I Post On this Site. Anything I Post Is Stolen Work, None Of It was Done By Me. I Am Not Responsible For any damage Done Due To The Nature Of My Stolen Pictures. I do Not Take Part Or Condone Any illegal activies.

2. ..enOtoD

..enOtoD Senior Member

^^^Gonna use that. :D

3. Ayo

Ayo Senior Member

First Cops will do the research. Not saying there on here or ever will be but they do put in the work....The following is what happened to us. NONE OF US WERE CAUGHT IN THE ACT.....

ATK graffiti crew faces felony charges

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 05:29 PM

Lawton_It took hundreds of man hours, interviews and paperwork to investigate a Lawton graffiti gang. And, it's now in the hands of prosecutors who say they will file charges in more than thirty cases as early as tomorrow. 7News has been following the ATK graffiti crew's work since May when police say they hit the historic Fairmont Creamery. Since that time investigators have linked the spray paint vandals to more than 50 graffiti crimes totaling more than $80,000 in damage.

Prosecutors charged Michael Merritt with malicious injury to property in September and now four more people face charges for the felony crime. Police say SES, NATL, ATK, TIFF, and JESS are just some of the monikers the ATK crew spray painted all over town - including the I-44 tri level just south of Cache Road.

"It was a quite lengthy investigation almost to the point of a 3 inch, 3 ringer binder type deal," says Deputy Chief James Apple. That binder now sits on the desk of Comanche County Assistant District Attorney Eddie Valdez. In it are about 40 police reports containing statements from property owners, pictures of graffiti on their buildings and fences and interviews from the suspects.

"Not only is it to the public just an eyesore, but it is a felony crime," says Apple. And Valdez says it sends vandals a message. "Tagging these buildings, that what they are doing is clearly wrong," he says. "Even though it's not violent in nature, the damage they're causing is just insurmountable."

In at least eight of the reports, the damage exceeded $10,000 which is where the felony charges come in. Each of the five crew members faces one count and it could be worse. "They're looking at having up to 30 counts filed on each one of them," says Valdez. But, more than anything, police and prosecutors want the crew to pay for damage and the price to clean it up.

In some cases, like the Fairmont Creamery, it's impossible. "That can never be restored that will never be able to be restored to its original shape, and it's going to be quite an expense to even begin to get there," says Valdez.

Charges will be filed as early as Thursday and prosecutors are still going through damage reports to divide up the dollar amount for restitution. Although $80,000 is the estimated amount of the damage, police say it will likely cost two to three times that amount to pay for labor and supplies to clean up the graffiti - and Lawton taxpayers may end up paying for damage done to state property.

4. SenkNC

SenkNC Member

and ur fucked worse if u tag in a small town.
    they flixed my 3rd tag but not my first 2 (i know from cop questioning)

so advice is to train then take track. then have ur fun lol. if it doesn't matter and graff is ur passion, then walk up to a po po and be like "Nigguh, I tagged up yo' station, bitch".... jk

5. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

6. Ayo

Ayo Senior Member

Hahaha....Right...

7. BCNU

BCNU Senior Member

ha i cant get on this on my reg comp idk y so i have to use a proxy so nothing can be linked to my ip i thnk

8. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

fuuuuuuckign retard

9. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

Did I see "Graffiti gang" and "Injury to property" up there, hahahahaha.

10. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

its a fuckiiin joke....cops....

11. Ayo

Ayo Senior Member

Yup...Shit sucks out here..Any crews out here have to deal straight with the gang unit..Which can lead to more charges..

12. Slushi

Slushi Banned

1. You capitalized every word, shitface.
    2. Disclaimers are for pussies.

13. mmmburgers

mmmburgers Elite Member

rots...
    is that a dead baby in your sig?
    o_O

14. Buhda420

Buhda420 Senior Member

as am i

15. SAID

SAID Moderator

it doesnt matter what you post.
    they have to see you commit the crime.

16. Midwest_In_Action_Tagger

Midwest_In_Action_Tagger New Member

Gotta say that sounds pretty stupid. They can't exactly catch you unless they catch you doing it. Technically its just art and/or its just a picture you took.

17. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

You can not get arrested on here.
    They have no proof.
    Even if you post pictures of your face in the wacha look like thread they can't link shit to you.
    You could simply say you're mimcking what you saw they can't do shit
    I had a friend that got busted
    They were going to make him pay 100 thousand dollars or go to jail or do community service or something
    They brung up all the charges
    They only caught him doing one thing
    So when they said "We have 100 counts of graffiti" or some other bullshit ask them if they have testimonials pictures or people catching you in the act of doing graffiti they can only prove one act of graffiti if you were caught by the cops.
    My buddy did exactly that and got off with a little probation and some comunity service
    Read up on your law kids.

18. HaLo_07

HaLo_07 Senior Member

No doubt...Thats where you gotta not only take info IN but ask questions on not only how NOT to get caught but what CAN get you caught, in any way shape or form.

19. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

didn't some fuck ass writer named sin get roped for posting his bombs on bombingscience? they can't do anything unless they catch you in the act? my ass. that's like saying they won't pay attention to you confessing.

20. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

It's cus they kid got intimidated they prolly found him and said something like
    We seen you on bs we know exactly what you write we know you write and we know everything
    Then the kid probably confessed
    Don't say shit to the police unless you got an attorney present.