Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Why We DO What We DO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by <MONEY>, Aug 5, 2019.

Share This Page

1. <MONEY>

<MONEY> New Member

Im going to be writing a book on the philosophy of graffiti the history and the effects it has on society and the immediate population. should expect interviews, statistics, all that flashy boring bullshit.

I want the book to be more of a discussion on the topic of graffiti, is it vandalism? is it art? "why do we do what we do" sounds like a good title and id like you all to help me.

I have a list of ideas if you want to jump in and say whatever it is you want go ahead

1. how does graffiti effect society?

2. what drives you to do graffiti?

3. what would make you stop?

4. what starts beef?

5. what are the benefits of graffiti over other art forms?

6. is graffiti moral or amoral?

7. what do you think the effect on society would be if graffiti stopped over night?

8. should graffiti be stopped?

these questions are an over arching idea to get the concept of what the general population of graff writers perspective is on these issues

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. anonymdkfratrekanten

anonymdkfratrekanten Member

Only people who've been in the lifestyle should write a book about it.. You shouldn't write about a worldwide phenomenon you haven't been a part of..
    Why do we write? every writer does it for different purposes, you can't put a "tagger" or whatever they call us, under one category. will we stop? no.. is it bad? It's paint on a surface, mostly grey boring concrete. Some people are mad about it but somehow don't find a problem with all the advertisements and fake reality that is put upon us in our everyday lives, we don't have the money to bombard people with adds like some rich people have so we take it upon ourselves for whatever reason we may have, should it be stopped?People risk their lives changing the color of the boring streets, it's for us only, we don't care if you can read it or not, so duck off if you don't understand it.
    The media doesn't take the effort to try and understand us but likes to describe us as vandals who likes to destroy other peoples stuff which mostly never does any damage other than a small dollar to the big corporations that sells us clothes made in taiwan by some little girl but the media ofcourse never writes when we get beaten up by the cops.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  3. Qubic

Qubic Senior Member

Good answers.
    People not actively involved in graff writing can of course write books though. You normally get the graff writer and the graff documenter. People who put out books documenting graff have been the big changers. Martha Coopers books let the world know that graff art was happening.

I think this below if my favourite graff book when it comes to learning the roots and how everything evolved. A lot comes from Palling up with local graff writers though. Try and find a reduced price copy of this book if you can

Screenshot_20190806_143512.jpg

4. AlmaTyler

AlmaTyler Member

SO, where can I found the book?

5. CraigRoy

CraigRoy Member

I don't know where to recommend you find the book, but I know a great source of any free book summary. I read the "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" book by Philip K. Dick, and it has a hard subject to understand. https://freebooksummary.com/category/do-androids-dream-of-electric-sheep is the service that emphasizes the theme of a human's self-realization of his loss of humanity and some tangents of the theme "why we do what we do". Therefore, I recommend it as a reliable source with clear plot summaries.