Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

WHY YOU GUYS GRAFF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aero, May 3, 2005.

Share This Page

?

why you guys graff?

1. for the fame

13.0%
  2. cause you love art

20.2%
  3. for your friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. to express yourself

21.5%
  5. to destroy

8.5%
  6. for the adrenaline boost you get when you go on a big spot

15.8%
  7. none of the above

21.1%
  1. I'mNotGivingMyNameTo A Machine!

I'mNotGivingMyNameTo A Machine! New Member

To express my point of veiw. I hate "society" and its skewed priorities, the conformity, corparate brainwashing and government oppression along with many other things make me sick!

2. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

i do it because it makes me feel like a big girl.

3. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Is the "big girl in you hot?".... I mean, you got any pictures of the big girl in you? ;)

4. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

5. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

not the "big" i thought you meant.

6. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

If I saw you at the layups, I'd prolly fall out the scene....and fall IN love! :lol:

:( I'm actually ashamed of myself for saying that, but it was too good to pass up..

7. Aero

Aero Elite Member

8. war terror

war terror Senior Member

9. ras

ras Banned

i graff for the boost...and the knowing that your preys property owner is going to be fucked off..

if that makes sense.. :( :blink: :lol:

10. stewa_sk8

stewa_sk8 Senior Member

If I saw you at the layups, I'd prolly fall out the scene....and fall IN love! :lol:

:( I'm actually ashamed of myself for saying that, but it was too good to pass up.. [/b][/quote]
    waw ?!?! ... :ph34r:

11. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

I do graffit because I've been doing it for too long to stop. Yeah Its only been almost 6 years... well hardly actually more like 4 1/2 maybe 5, and I have only been serious about it for probably 4 of em, but anyway thats not the point. The point is that Im 18 now, and Im not good at anything else besides art, and expressing myself, and the rest of the art world just isnt attractive to me. I love graffiti because not only do you get to express yourself however and whenever/wherever you see fit, but its going against the norm, and against the goverment. I love arguing and its like every time I paint Im saying a big FUCK YOU to anyone who doesnt respect art at every level. I love the art aspect of graffiti and since I've been on probation all I've done really is work on style, I've painted a few times but not nearly as much as I was before. Like gesus said before, I hate my community. Its some stupid little town squished up next to philly, and almost every cop on the force are corrupt, 2 just got suspensions without pay for hitting a kid to the ground and macing him because he was out past curfew and they tried saying he was insulting them. A few weeks ago another cop was drunk driving around the mall and ended up clipping a curb and flipped his cruiser. (he apparntly drunk drives alot).....

I probably should've done some kinda rough draft cause this is a big fucking unorganized shit. Anyway I do graffiti because I just love it, I love doing characters and having them say things that relate to everyones life so people (even if they dont want too) feel connected to it. And I like writing and shit because I love when shit flows together so well and just looks amazing, plus its like a constant challenge to myself to do something good, to get better, to get known on some level. Not neccesarily by random people, but by other writers cause I hit up alot of spots that only writers go too.

12. G.SMooth

G.SMooth Senior Member

I write becuase ive allways loved drawing and the look of graffiti so i started and now its an addictinon.

13. Hask420

Hask420 Senior Member

ive always liked it when i was driving around the city thats all i would look at wishing i could do that

14. sens1

sens1 Senior Member

i do it because its what i love. it gives me a chance to forget everything and just worry about the colors i through on the wall. i love the art of it. people dont understand the talent put into it. art is not the crime, the crime is your state of mind. :huh:

15. piersertbksactown916

piersertbksactown916 New Member

i do it for the art and cause it is my passion in life. my family says it is a crime and a wast of time, same wit my girl, but i have loved art since i was 9. when i saw graffiti it just made every thing clear to me, you dont have to pay to see art, just grab a can of paint and go out and do your shit. dont let other people stop you! :ph34r:

16. Gee...

Gee... Member

Because Blank Walls Are Boring... And For Art.

17. slEEt

slEEt Elite Member

Blank walls depress me.

18. SCOPE2

SCOPE2 Senior Member

i paint cause its freedom, you know its ilegal, and you still do it.
    u dont get caught and you feel invincible. I also do it for the rush.

19. Ume

Ume Moderator

i du it cuz ima a haaaaaerdcoore gangsta nahmsayin i keep eatin tat gangsta shiet n dat keeps mi goin nammean

20. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

its something to look at