Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Writer's Block

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LOST, Mar 30, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Mr. Lefty

Mr. Lefty Senior Member

Writer's Block...

Hey guys, long time since I've been here... anyway.. thought I might be able to get some help..

Over the months, I've developed a form of 'writer's block' for artistry. Whenever I pick up a pen or a pencil, I can't picture... or imagine.. or think of anything to draw. So I just make faces out of circles... but I do still keep up on the sketching of graffiti... but I ONLY seem to draw the letter 'S'... everytime I pick up a pencil or what have you... it's like this...
    Just wondering if either
    A: Anyone has gone through this...
    B: What I can do to fix it..

Now I saw the thread on 'if you need motivation (or whatever it said' with all the sick shit in it... didn't really help.. just pissed me off that I can't draw like that anymore. ...

2. BORG

BORG Moderator

dont force it........when i have writers block i dont attempt to draw until i truly feel inspired, or i only draw simples

3. Divine89

Divine89 Senior Member

dude, i hate writer's block like a bitch. i get it all the time.:mad::(:mad:

4. RetroLikeWhoa13

RetroLikeWhoa13 Elite Member

s is the only letter i draw when im on a block.
    s and r.

5. brainlord

brainlord Senior Member

there's alot of things you can do to overcome this and some things work better than others but these are just suggestions of what gets me by,
    1. Take a walk, stroll, drive, and look at things experience your city and gain inspiration for what it has to offer
    2. Sketch through it. its hard at first but put time into a work and push yourself through it. By the time your finished it'll be 3 in the morning but your head will be swarming with ideas
    3. Draw in a friends blackbook some people produce better artwork if its for someone, the need to do good and impress others with your artwork
    4. Do what your willing to do. not everyday are you going to be ready and willing to do a two page wildstyle burner. do simple shit if your feeling lazy but always keep yourself drawing
    5. Don't let anything block your creativity, get wild, its just a drawing it doesn't mean it has to be shown to the world so try weird shit you wouldn't normally do

thats all i got for now ill write more if i think of anymore tips

6. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

smoke more weed

if that doesnt work....

try salvia 80x and see what happens.

7. atlok7

atlok7 Elite Member

when i get writers block for graffiti i write some rhymes and when i get block for rhymes i pick up the black book. the cycle repeats.

8. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

when i get writers block i go paint more cocks than i usually do...

9. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

i get writers block alot to. so i just end up doing throws and hands.
    its very rare now that i get a piece in my head. but it still happens when i get good info.
    silentwrytes.com
    its a great site to of nothing but graf pics.

10. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

I've never gotten it. I do at least 3 new words every day.

11. Proper

Proper Elite Member

This is already a thread. Perform a search next time when you create a thread, please.

12. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

if i get a writers block. i put down the bong and grab the 40. usually works.

keep sketchin. thats the only way to get outta it. if you cant come up with new ideas, just sketch old shit and be consistant.

13. Jdip

Jdip Senior Member

School cause all my work is on the comp and aint shit to do but go to www.datpiff.com an listen to mixtapes do work and doodle wile bumpin my music. I get in a lot more trouble that way to thow but fuckit i started smokin an just got stuck in the Fuckit stage cant seem to get out of it i need to but fuckit...

<(o O),,l,_
    Dipset All MuthaFuckin Day.

14. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

When I get Writers Block, I get on BS talk to someone on MSN and Complain about my Graff, then I get back to it.

15. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Writers block can be cured by getting off your ass and getting out there

16. cesspool

cesspool Senior Member

i smoke alot of crack.. it really helps.. inspiration in a rock

17. Kimo13

Kimo13 Senior Member

my last writer's block...i kept droppin wack shit for about 3 months, then my homie Kloke says we should do a style exchange. I dropped his name in this dope as burner style, and ever since then, i've been comin up wit rad shit like every day almost...it really does help to try out a new name, it just gets u thinkin.

18. Scheme*119

Scheme*119 Elite Member

im going through it right now, is it just me or does anyone else get extremley depressed when it happens?

19. Woven

Woven Senior Member

Ditto on the depression thing.
    i havent drawn anything solid in a few weeks
    just Handys and Handys and Handys

20. wrekstyle

wrekstyle Senior Member

i always experiment with stlyes i tryin to draw pieces as much as i can...what makes me wanna do my best is when i look in those Style-File magazines

they got some crazy shit in there